Esteemed Contributor

Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)

49B96106-0923-4828-93E5-2413FDFC18DA.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)

That's awesome! Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Wonderful news. It is time to lift the restrictions. So thankful I am not living in states like NY, CA, MI, NJ, PA, WA, and others. FL had it right.

Respected Contributor

Last time states lifted restrictions early...it didn't work out so well...

Glad I live in a state that uses more sensible guidelines.  We need to get rid of this virus but it won't happen if people keep spreading it around.  Yes , people.  It does not spread by itself!   Wearing a mask and social distancing is not really all that hard to do.  Tough up!!

Honored Contributor

Being that I live in WA state and my DS and family live in CA. I am *glad* that these states are reopening in stages.

Honored Contributor

We in NM are opening in slow stages and our covid rate and deaths are way down.  We have the highest vaccination rate per capita in the nation.  I think it's rash and foolish to remove all restrictions while the pandemic is still raging.   It saves lives to take a conservative approach. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm glad my state NY is being careful. We have had most places open at certain capacities since last summer. We were dining outside then it progressed to inside. Many have been back to work for awhile as I also see rush hour traffic if I'm out at that time. Thank goodness everyone is still being careful with stores requiring masks. 

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Last time states lifted restrictions early...it didn't work out so well...

Glad I live in a state that uses more sensible guidelines.  We need to get rid of this virus but it won't happen if people keep spreading it around.  Yes , people.  It does not spread by itself!   Wearing a mask and social distancing is not really all that hard to do.  Tough up!!

@bargainsgirl 

Masks are NO guarantee and neither is social distancing. 

My husband got it at work...with distancing dots on the floor, plexiglass everywhere, GLOVES AND MASKS required and professioal cleaning of the building every night.

I'm not saying don't use these cautions, I am just saying it is not going to prevent it all the time.  98% will recover...he did. No, it wasn't fun...but it was no worse than previous stomach flus or influenza bouts he has had, which are no fun either.

NY has kept us caged for over a year and we have one of the highest percentages of death rates. 

Super Contributor

@Meowingkitty I don't know where in AZ you live but I live in Phoenix and this is just a stupid stupid thing to do- I know a lot of people are getting vaccines but the virus lives on and will continue to live on- as you know we are always open to outsiders from other states that really don't have any respect for us residents even if there was no virus- I will be totally vaccinated in 3 weeks but I intend to wear a mask for quite awhile and avoid close contacts, I call that being smart- it has been no picnic these past months but I am not willing to trade my life for stupidity- I don't see traveling on the horizon an option right now, so enjoy being maskless I hope it works for you- its so nice to know our governor is just stupid course he has been all through this whole thing- good luck

Esteemed Contributor

I'm for opening things up, though I don't live in Arizona. Things have to get back to normal, otherwise we'll be like this forever. 

I also don't think this thread is getting far before being closed. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain