Honored Contributor

Are you spending more time on the phone?

We are retired, our friends are retired, so it seems like everyone is bored and therefore wants to talk on the phone.  The men are just as bad as the women, in fact I think they are worse.  But it is nice to have people thinking of you. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Are you spending more time on the phone?

@depglass wrote:

We are retired, our friends are retired, so it seems like everyone is bored and therefore wants to talk on the phone.  The men are just as bad as the women, in fact I think they are worse.  But it is nice to have people thinking of you. 

I love talking on the phone, especially now, it is great to hear a friends voice. My best friend lives in another state and we talk daily, sometimes for just a few minutes.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

No more than usual.  My family & friends usually FaceTime as we are spread out across the country.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I text a lot and chit chat some. I have several good friends and my two sisters who are calling a bit more than usual but not all day every day.

Respected Contributor

I always stay in touch with friends and family using the telephone. So just doing the normal calls and getting them. It is nice though to hear a voice.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm hearing disabled and have a captioned phone. It requires someone to type what the other person says so I can read it. There's a delay while it's typed. 
  Since the quarantine there are so many people chatting that the person I've called has hung up. Then I have to call again and hope I get an operator. 

I've had to order medicine and make important calls. I hope I don't need 911!

I e mail friends but don't chat on the phone to tie up the line.

Honored Contributor

I am one of those people who hates the  phone.  I do not have a smart phone. Never use  my land line phone unless I absolutely have to.  I never used  a phone as a teenager either.  I have never sent a text in my life. 

call me being REALLY OUT OF "IT"😄

Valued Contributor

No, I'm not. I detest talking on the telephone. Always have. The only people I talk to on the telephone are my brother and sister who live in a different State, so I don't get to see them often.  I don't enjoy idle chat with friends who live locally. Luckily, they understand that and don't call unless they have some news or need something.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I am using my cell phone more to text with family and friends.   The only person I call is my mom.   

Honored Contributor

Nope

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)