Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom 

Can you imagine trying to get all that teasing out?

My Mom took me once to her hairdresser when I was in high school. I was going to a special dance and wanted an updo.  The guy teased and sprayed my hair so much, that afterwards I had the worst time getting it all out!  I cried and cried --- it was just terrible!  I never, ever, let anyone tease my hair again!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

DOGGONE CLEVER PSO, in MY OPINION!

Be well and BE SAFE! Getting Covid MAY not be as easy to push through as you may be thinking!

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Hoovermom 

A real work of art, bow and all!

We called this a "bubble."

She's a cute girl, by the way.

@Witchy Woman :  Yes, I did call my style the 'Bubble' and thought I was awesome, curling around my chin LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are you next?

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

Remember this actress?

See the source image

Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction with Michael Douglas, 1987.

Her hair was my inspiration.  I wore something a bit shorter in the late 80's when everything big was in, but my hair wasn't frizzy like the gals in the photos.  

@Foxxee 

This thread is so funny ... and proves the theory "what goes around, comes around."  I have this Jayne Brown Sassy wig (haven't worn it yet) ... 

BTW  ... I already got both doses of the vaccine. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Hoovermom 

@Witchy Woman :  Yes, I did call my style the 'Bubble' and thought I was awesome, curling around my chin LOL.

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Hoovermom 

@Hoovermom @Witchy Woman 
Yep, I had a bubble too, in the early 60s.  My dad used to tell me that I'd be bald by the time I hit 20 because of all the teasing and hairspray lol.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

None of the styles in the photos were my (or my friends') style. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Re: Are you next?

[ Edited ]

All I know is that mom braided my hair the first 10 yrs. of my life (lifeless, poker-straight thin hair.)

I need her NOW!!

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

I was the class of 66 and we didn't have our hair real big - just somewhat big! LOL! One of my best friends had really curly hair and used to iron it on their ironing board before we all went out. The rest of us just wore our curlers to bed and teased our hair in the morning! Fun memories!