Honored Contributor

@GenXmusewrote:

@chickenbuttwrote:

@GenXmusewrote:

I hope you’re okay too @FuzzyFace. I wouldn’t even call that clumsiness just a natural reaction to having a startling dream. 

I’m so entirely without poise and grace that I’ll open a cabinet door and hit myself in the face. 

Oh dear!  I feel your pain (bolded by me).    More often than I can even count I have walked up to a door inside my house, such as my bdrm door, and go to open the door and go through.  Well, something goes wrong in the 'opening' part and it's a full body-slam into the door.  D'oh!

Being klutzy is kind of funny - in retrospect.   But I probably get hurt at least half a dozen times per day so it's not funny at the time.  Smiley Very Happy

Om gosh you sound like me!  I often misjudge a doorway and hit the side of it going through. I have new bruises almost every day or some kind of cooking user error!

Yup, it sounds like we are very similar in that regard!    Every single day I have numerous injuries in the kitchen.   Funny thing is, it's not really like cutting myself or anything.  I have pretty good knife skills.  Oh, I do get knife cuts and stabs.   It's usually either some other handling of the knife, cleaning the knife, or even just setting the knife down in my work area and either running my hand/fingers along the blade while it sits there or stabbing myself with it. 

I drop stuff.   I run into stuff.  I trip over stuff.  I trip over nothing.  It's just like some kind of horrifying keystone kops deal with me.   Just stand back and you won't get hurt (hopefully).  Smiley Very Happy  

Trusted Contributor
@Miss Lorraine wrote:

The one thing I worry about is that someone will see all my bruises -- plus I have a skin condition that leaves big, red blood-blister looking leisons on my skin -- and think I'm being abused. Nothing could be further from the truth. In cold weather like this it's not a problem to cover up but when the weather warms up here in the NW--probably not till July and I'm NOT exaggerating--it looks a little odd to be walking around in long-sleeved shirts.

@FuzzyFace

I'm in the NW also. I'm a naturally cold person, so even in the summer, I often am wearing something warmer, especially in the evenings. So if we cross paths unknowingly in July, I'll be the other person wearing long sleeves. 😁

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace

I feel your pain, although this particular time it sounds like ‘flight’.

For every day we use decent looking, clear acrylic glasses.  I’ve been known to drop and break several a day before this change was made!

Otherwise, I was not always clumsy.  Since this 3rd, recent knee replacement, I have much more ROM, but it made my legs the same length.  After 12 years of walking squee-wonkey to accommodate, I was having issues.  So, I’m signed up to take Balance Classes.  Hope they help.

Best wishes with that MRI.  Keep in touch.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace

Sorry to hear about your incident and at the same time happy you are going to see a doctor and find out if there are any problems in that respect. Clumsy is one thing, and yes, I have had worse things than a bruise due to me being clumsy. So your question gets a "yes" from me.

Broken nose/torn ligament in my hand, 6 weeks in an elbow to hand cast/sprained both wrists, and others that made working my heavy lifting job, much harder. Those things I knew it was my fault, nothing to do with my mental functions, just plain dumb.

Hope all goes well for you, and you might consider moving your "door block", just in case.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Trusting you feel better soon. I'm married to a loveable, but clumsy guy. Wrestler in high school and baseball in college. Athletic, but bumbles a bit. His siblings have stories. Our first movie date he tried to put his arm around me and clipped me in the eye with his elbow. He was walking in downtown Chicago, looking at who knows what and walked into a guy who shoved him. My teen son said -- "Mom, have you noticed how clumsy dad is?"  Lots of stories. Near holidays at Costco, we were doing the dance where you take items out of your cart and hurry them onto the conveyor belt. I was aware where he was, but he backed into me and hurt my shoulder. What can I say? He's totally unaware of his wing span. Glad he's so adorable. My daughter is kinda clumsy, too. Gotta laugh.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

I won't bore you with my pratfalls.   

One word:  Bubblewrap.  

Honored Contributor

I am clumsy, poor coordination and poor balance are just part of my existence. No heels or dancing for me. 

Honored Contributor

Always had some balance issues. When we played Miss America as kids, I'd fall off my heels. Well, they were three sizes too big.

Respected Contributor

I feel clumsier than I really am. I am a large lady & feel my behind is always bumping into things. I stopping carrying a large purse, just because I have enough "baggage" to bump, so to speak. I am scared falling, so I usually watch where I step & try to be very careful. I don't like to walk on dirt/ground for fear of stepping on un-level surface. I have recently started taking something which has helped my knee pain immensely, so I don't feel quite as unstable. Also, the older I get, I certainly don't want to fall!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I am clumsy, accident prone, basically an accidnet waiting to happen. Run into door facings often. Only lived here 20 plus years.

I hope your test results don't show anything serious @FuzzyFace, and this is only a result of aging for you.