Honored Contributor

Re: Are you alone this Thanksgiving?

@gidgetgh 

You should be able to backspace and erase the content.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

We are perfectly content with the day being the two of us.

I have invited my closest friends but the wife  has terminal illness and let her know if she's not up to it -- delivery to her will be just fine!

I will enjoy watching the parade, preparing our meal ... and having a Skype call with my family.

This is my wish for all on these forums

9A59DF2B-AC59-42FA-8428-C1B9755F0DF6.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Respected Contributor

This will be our first holiday since my brother in law died last month.  I will do my best to help my sister get through the holiday and know she is still loved and she is not alone.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beautiful start of this post from House Cat.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BlueFinch - I apologize for being short with you earlier.  That was uncalled for.  No excuse, but I was on the phone and I was was tired and posting at the same time and I didn't love your well meaning response and I reacted instead of explaining myself.  

And I really did mean that I knew you meant well and I appreciate that.

All of us have no idea what any poster may....or may not have going on in their lives.  I am handling my grief well I think, and I don't like it when people get a little "instructional" with me when they don't really know much about my life just as I don't know much about theirs.  I felt you were being instructional whether you meant it that way or not.  That's how I received the message.

I have been very proud of myself during my husbands years long illness, his death, some things at our old house and my move at the very beginning of this year.  I'll make my way fine.  It's my journey.  But I sincerely apologize for being short with you.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving to all forum friends!

I did call a couple people who live way too far away to celebrate with our family.

Respected Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving to all Smiley Happy  I hope you enjoy it in every way  / any way you can. 

Cat Thanksgiving GIFs | Tenor

Honored Contributor

Everyone,

Hugging You On Thanksgiving!

Honored Contributor

Today, it is just my husband and me...generally we take off for a few days but our work load has been really busy and we did not make plans.  

Now I wish we would have-- our weather is beautiful and being out and about would have been nice.  

My brother wanted us to travel to his place (10-12) hour drive, but that was more than we wanted to do.  

I will put up Christmas decorations on Friday and Saturday we will go shopping, so we can get out of the house.

Wishing everyone a great day, regardless of how you spend it.