Respected Contributor

Re: Are you alone this Thanksgiving?

@house_cat    What a lovely post.

it will just be two of us this year. Usually 6-8.  We are totally fine with that.  I am so blessed, and we will enjoy a long weekend from work.  I’ll take the day to reflect, watch the parade and watch some football.  Making a simple meal, and will try to enjoy a nice walk outside tomorrow.

Our small family will be all together on Christmas Eve.  We expect great weather tomorrow in the upper 50’s, but no rain.  

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   A special holiday greeting to you....much loved here on the forum.  Enjoy that ice cream treat!

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  oh how I wish we did not have to get together for Thanksgiving. Every Year I say I'm out and my family would say, you know you don't mean it.

The last group from Texas and Fl arrived today. We always have a great time, but sometimes I wish it would stop. Ours last until Sunday. Friday the women and girls go to a "Tea Party" and I refuse. Saturday it's brunch and Sunday, dinner and that's it.

At Christmas, I am the happiest woman on earth. This time it's 16 family members spending Christmas in the Caribbean for 2 weeks. I refuse to go. This has been a tradition for years. The Pandemic stopped it for about 2 years but they started it again in 2021.

I will BE ALONE AND I LOVE IT!!.

I'll be checking the Boards on Thanksgiving day and I'm looking forward to it.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh ....(((Hugs))) I hear ya. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@house_cat ...what a kind post. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Contributor

Yes, I'll be alone.  My husband passed away several years ago and my daughters don't live near me.  They are wonderful children just can't get together on Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

Just DH and me.  We'll be watching the Macy's parade and football.  Do not miss at all the gathering of family and friends.  Happy to be just the 2 of us.

Honored Contributor

The only time I spent Thanksgiving alone was during the pandemic when we were all staying home.  I watched the Macy's parade as I always do, made a turkey with stuffing and sides and counted my blessings.  I received phone calls from family and friends which lifted my spirits and the day went very well.

I spend Thanksgiving Day with my niece and her husband and her father.  We always have fun and lots of good conversation and laughter and of course the feast.  This year is special because my sister is visiting from out of state and will join us!!!  

Whether alone or with others, may everyone have a wonderful, healthy happy, peace of mind Thanksgiving.  

Super Contributor

@gidgetgh   I'm with ya !!! We'll survive !

Esteemed Contributor

(thread title)

@house_cat 

Just me/our new kitten/Jasper our older feline, and Lily our canine. Alone?  No.

My wife is gone on a Pet Sitting job for a week.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)