Honored Contributor

Are you alone this Thanksgiving?

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 5.20.27 PM.png

Don’t let the media convince you that you need to be surrounded by a crowd to have a happy holiday. 
If you’re at peace being alone, that’s wonderful!

If not, perhaps you can reach out to a friend or neighbor. Even normally thoughtful, friendly people can be busy during these times and may not notice that you are alone. It’s so easy to squeeze another seat at the table. In any case, you can be sure there are always friends here to keep you company.

Personally, this Thanksgiving, I'm grateful for all my QVC friends 🙏

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: Are you alone this Thanksgiving?

@house_cat Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Beautiful, thoughtful post.

Honored Contributor

What a sweet wish. Sometimes being with people doesn't help.  Depends on the family I guess, and the way they act and treat each other,  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are several churches, and some bars in my area that are providing meals to those who are alone this Thanksgiving. They have been on local TV morning shows and they stress these meals are not just for poor or homeless people. Anyone who wants to surround themselves with the company of others is welcome to attend. I hope no one is lonely this year!  @house_cat, I agree that those of us on the forums are family too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat - What a nice thing to post.  Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

It's just DH and myself for holidays now.  We used to have family around (small gatherings, nothing big), but some have passed on and others have moved away.

I actually have plenty of family that live not far away (less than 10 miles), but we never hear from any of them anymore.  Some families are like that.

So, it's us and our two cats!  We'll have a simple meal and a quiet day.  At least that's what I've told the cats.  Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

It's me & the cat, I'm looking forward to it. Today I had a great afternoon with my son & granddaughters at the gun range, they're having Thanksgiving with DIL family & my other son's family is vacationing in FL. They see me all the time so I can share, I don't feel lonely. Happy Thanksgiving.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I am alone this year and I am perfectly fine.  My kids are all over the country, healthy and happy with their families.  What more could a mother want?

I will be with youngest and her family for Christmas and will enjoy that.  

Cooking a Turkey breast and will start the day with the Macy's parade, followed my football and more football.  Friday decorate a bit for Christmas.  

I have a lot to be thankful for, wonderful memories of Thanksgiving's past and a peaceful day.  Happy Thanksgiving to all.  

Super Contributor

@house_cat .....This is so sweet......what a thoughtful person you are. Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone on this forum.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Beautiful post @house_cat ....Happy Thanksgiving to all of the forum family🦃