Respected Contributor

Re: Are you alone for New Year's Eve?

For DH & I, NYE is just another day.  We might tune in to watch the ball drop in NYC and then watch something we recorded.

Trusted Contributor

My "friend" had asked me several times to spend NYE at the Jersey shore with her (she owns a home in LBI area).  I won't bore you with the back story, but Friday she texted me to say that "other commitments" came up and I cannot come down now.  O-K-A-Y.  

My city has a local ball drop but it's raining very hard.  I also never asked my sister what her plans were (and she never asked meWoman Mad).  So I made myself a small steak and have been dumping old papers, etc., which I will continue to do the next few days and catching up on shows on my DVR.  And also enjoyed a larger than necessary glass of Bailey's on the rocks.

I spend a lot of New Year's alone.  Don't always like it, but it is what it is.  

Regardless ...

Happy new year Ladies.  Here's hoping for a happy and healthy 2019.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Since childhood, New Year's Eve has always been my least favorite day of the year.  Even as a kid I hated the noise and the partying and the endings.

I hate endings.

So, DH and I are spending the evening at home, just like any other.  If you're alone and want some cyber-company, you can post a hello here!

Happy New Year!

How sweet of youSmiley Happy Hope you and  your husband are having a wonder evening and a very Happy New Year

Honored Contributor

I just have to clarify what I said earlier about the cohost, Andy Cohen.  He is definitely not worse than Kathy Griffin.

Other than that, I have nothing to comment.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Happy New Year, Forum Friends!

Wishing you all a happy and                  healthy 2019!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Several of us used to get together at one of our houses for nibbles or go out to dinner as a group, then to a house to ring in the new year.

It got to where we needed a change and one couple is 4 hours away with their grandchildren.

We had shrimp from the Fresh Market.

I'm glad to just get Christmas up with my work schedule.Smiley Happy

Happy New Year!

Trusted Contributor

I'm home alone with my dog, but not lonely! He hates the fireworks, so he's snuggled up on the couch with me. My son is working a catered NYE party. HAPPY NEW YEAR,ALL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am alone but it is ok. I live in Colorado and it snowed today. The temperature is 7 degrees. I could have went to my son's house but I chose to stay home. I had a very disappointing Christmas with my son's family. My DIL is having trouble dealing with life. You have to walk on eggshells when she is around. My son made this beautiful dinner for Christmas and she refused to come out of the bedroom. So, my son and my three grandchildren ate dinner.  

Sometimes, I think it is better to avoid negativity.  My Granddaughter got her hair cut short and she started calling her Gary.  My Granddaughter suffers from anxiety. I thought that was cruel. Anyway, I could go on and on but it is a New Years and I need to move forward.

Happy New Year to one and all.

Honored Contributor

Snowed in actually. Have about five inches snow.  Lots of accidents out there, so that took care of that.  Catching up on emails, etc.  Happy New Year!!

Respected Contributor

We're doing our usual on NYE....nothing special.  We were out earlier today and it's cold out and windy so it's a good night to stay home.  Besides, there are too many drunks out on the roads in this town on any given night, let alone NYE.   It's drunks on steroids tonight.