Honored Contributor

Re: Are you afraid of spiders?

I'm not afraid of spiders.  On the other hand I hate snakes ... any size, any color, any kind, etc. 

"Today is full of possibilities not yet achieved." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Don't much like them but there are other creepy crawly things that scare me more.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

No because I had a teacher that said they eat other pest bugs

Super Contributor

I am not afraid of spiders but if they or ANY insect enters my home, they are dead.  I can't relax until I get them.   I am, however, afraid of mice.  If I were to ever see one in my home, off to a hotel I go and hubby can and better deal with it.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, I am!!!  Especially the ones that jump!!!  If possible, and DH is around, I get him to off them.  If he is not handy, I grit my teeth and hold my breath and do it.  Praying all the while that I have a good aim!  I just wish all of that kind of stuff would just stay outside.  Stay outside - don't bother me and I won't bother you!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

If  in my house...it's going to be dead!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Nope! If it's ugly and freaks me out, I call for my husband. Mostly 99% of the time, I just stomp the little sucker out.

Sending joy, prayers, love and gentle hugs to all who need them this holiday season.
Honored Contributor

Are females "programmed" to be afraid of spiders?   Sometimes I see women react and think it must be an act ... or something.   

I don't find spiders particularly bothersome, but my kitty wishes we had MORE of them.   LOL

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

No it's not an "act". It is a real fear that started when I was a child and saw my mom almost die from a severe allergic reaction after being bit by a spider. 

Regular Contributor

I hate spiders-they creep me out-also clowns.