Respected Contributor

Are you afraid of spiders?

[ Edited ]

I am just so frightened of them.   It takes all of my strength to kill one when I find it in the house.   I know people say you should catch them and release them outside but that is not going to happen for me.   

If my husband is home, I just scream for him to come and take care of it.    But when he's at work and I have to get rid of it myself my skin just crawls.  

God forbid if I miss it.  I have to search every corner until I find it.   

I'm not the least bit afraid of mice or rats but spiders are another story.  

I've been afraid of them all of my life.

Respected Contributor

Re: Are you afraid of spiders?

Totally terrified.

I get it from my Mom who did not care for them either.

I can handle most anything else....rodents, snakes, frogs, worms, even some other bugs, just no spiders.

I was once stuck in the shower with a spider between me and my towel, managed to grab some super hold hairspray, sprayed and it ran about 6 inches and was frozen/stuck to the tile. Husband had to scrape it off.......I am pathetic, I know!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Not really.  About the only ones that I kill are the black widows.  Those I'm not going to mess with, or brown recluse either, for that matter.  But I'll try to let most of the others go outside.  I don't really mind spiders in the house, but I don't really know which ones bite and which don't, so I usually try to shoo at least the biggest ones outside.

Respected Contributor

If they're in my house they get smushed.  Outside they are free, I don't even care if they crawl on me while I'm doing yard work.  Of course I'd rethink that if we had poisonous ones here.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Spiders - not really.

Totally terrified of almost every animal on the planet though.  For some reason, spiders don't bother me.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so afraid of spiders .... I have to kill them if they are inside the house...... I usually take out the vacuum cleaner and suck them up & let the vacuum run for awhile to make sure it is dead!!!!

Super Contributor

Oh yes I am !

Image result for afraid of spider . house burning picture

Respected Contributor

Not afraid as much as being careful. I realize there are a few more harmful ones, but most are not. I don't care for snakes much. Most of them are harmless too, but I am more likely to be scared by one when I see one. 

Respected Contributor

I'm so afraid of them that I'm too scared to kill them.  I make my husband capture and release them outside.

I know that's crazy.  Carry on.  Nothing to see here...

Honored Contributor

No, snakes and scorpions. 

Roaches will have me run for the hills as well, but not from fear they are just plain nasty!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."