Respected Contributor

Re: Are there any life-lessons you've learned of late?

Not something I've learned of late but rather something I was reminded of today:  Don't sweat the small stuff.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

Not something I've learned of late but rather something I was reminded of today:  Don't sweat the small stuff.

@Texasmouse

Yes!   

And ... don't waste time worrying about something you have absolutely no ability to control.

Trusted Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

Money...you need to make lots of it.  It does not make you happy but neither does poverty.  With it you can buy a nice comfortable home, car that is safe and won't break down and help the ones you love.  With it you can get counseling and see a therapist to help you get on the right road.  You can have good healthcare.  You can buy the best food and buy the best food for others.  You can give to the church and help the people you see on the news. I know that you can help people in other ways but if I had lots of money it would be the way that would make the most impact. 

I have always told my children that money can't buy happiness.....BUT it DOES buy choices in life.....

which can make you a happier person......

THESE two posts are so important and impactful.  Poverty is not fun and money allows you to have so many choices. 

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat wrote:

I find as I'm getting older, I'm also getting wiser.  One of the most important things I learned in the last couple of years is that I can say no to things without an explanation.  

That might sound simple, but it was a major life lesson for me.

@house_cat  My my, does that sound familiar.  NO was the most difficult word for me to use and follow up on, but after several difficult situations that seemed to happen all at the same time, I had to learn how to use NO for my own survival.  I was in my fifties, it was very difficult, yet it has become a most cherished word.......

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio WOW, you are sooo right. This is a message for me and so many other moms that I know. We try to save our children and that is so wrong, we are doing a disservice to them. 

@Mominohio wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

You just have to allow some people to fail. 

@qualitygal

Amen.

Particularly our children. When you teach/coach/advise and they don't follow it, we have to let them learn the way that will make the most impact, and that is often by failure.