Honored Contributor

Re: Are there any life-lessons you've learned of late?

@wagirl, agree that you disagree and walk around that subject by one mile in all directions, if these are dear friends of you and your husband.  If you don't want to lose them, remember that this too will pass.

Respected Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I have finally learned to take things a day at a time. My husband is in early stage Alzheimer’s, my daughter was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease, my 95 year old mother has had multiple mini strokes, and I am having knee replacement surgery after Thanksgiving, I cannot look at all the stressors. I MUST take each peaceful day as a gift.

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I have finally learned to take things a day at a time. My husband is in early stage Alzheimer’s, my daughter was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease, my 95 year old mother has had multiple mini strokes, and I am having knee replacement surgery after Thanksgiving, I cannot look at all the stressors. I MUST take each peaceful day as a gift.

@Vivian

Biggest HUGS to you!  You are one strong woman!  Thanks for your advice, too!  Best wishes to you during and after your knee replacement!  16x16_heart.png

Valued Contributor

Do not judge.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have learned that people would rather stop talking to you than admit or apoligize when they hurt you, and that I should not trust as much as I have done in the past, and that just because you love someone does not mean you have to allow them to continue to hurt you!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree I agree that at a certain time in life it is important to look for the joys..I used to worry about clean homes and fancy meals to impress.I no longer care about those things as much and I just enjoy people and the moment without requiring perfection.I spend a lot more time doing things that I enjoy and used to feel bad about wasting time on.I am glad to hear that you are no longer rushing your life along and finding pleasure in each day.

Trusted Contributor

I have learned to 1) be careful who you ask for advice, everyone has a "different" defintion of good, so their advice might be good for "them" but not for me.

2) don't be jealous, create your own dream life

3) you can't fight genetics. you can put on all the retin a, diet, teeth work but you can only look the best you can for "youre genetic" makeup.  Some peopel are blessed with good looks, some are average. you can't fight genetics.

4) you don't have as many "true" friends as you think, need help, have a true emergency and you might be shocked to see who is there and who is not there

5) not all family are good people, some will steal from you like a stranger.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@Vivian You have a lot more on your plate than anyone should.I admire your strength and I pray that life will get easier for you.I just hope you have a relaxing thanksgiving along with many blessings.

Honored Contributor

Make sure there is plenty of toilet paper first.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have learned to stop judging.others...I am always making poor judgements anyway.I also stopped getting angry...never did me any good either.

Honored Contributor

@brewhaha Lol I am with you....reminded me about the time when I was a young tp hoarder.I had so many stashed cases when DH made the discovery that we didn't need to purchase any for almost three years.