Honored Contributor

Re: Are there any life-lessons you've learned of late?

Less is more.

Super Contributor

Don't promise when you're happy, Don't reply when you're angry, and don't decide when you're sad.- Z. K. Abdelnour

When someone one shows you who they are, believe them.- Maya Angelou 

I try to praise God always, but sometimes I'm shockingly late to do so! Enjoy life whenever possible because it seems to go by faster as we get older! And enjoy children because they are grown in the blink of an eye!

Super Contributor

When I'm tempted to criticize someone, I have to remiind myself--there's always one more thing you don't know. Stops me everytime.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Seasoned Citizen"  I love that name!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG I'll send you an email over the weekend.  Hope all is well.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@ECBG I'll send you an email over the weekend.  Hope all is well.

@Annabellethecat66,Love you much!  I love the ExfoliKate facial scrub and ordered it!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

One of the best tips I was told years ago and I know it is TRUE...

The best revenge is success and indifference.....

When a person has done you "wrong" or hurt you... some kind of way, many times you won't get any closure from them or a true apology.... you have to move oN on your OWN !!  The best revenge is to have a GOOD LIFE and be happy.

For example, if I am a single mother, the "baby father" as they say....is gone and of no help, the BEST revenge, is to have happy healthy kids in SPITE of him, have the kids in various events, on honor roll, graduate college, making a large salary so your kids can have better opportunities, possibly have a new husband who is "better" than him in character and treatment.  The best revenge is success.

If someone has done you wrong, you don't have to argue with them, fuss and fight, make them apolgize, some people are never going to treat you nice, they are never going to like you, and you have to become indifferent to them. 

Also I have learned to be happy sometimes I have to take the POWER to remove certain people from my inner circle or LIFE....not everyone needs to have your direct cell phone, some people don't need ot have your home phone, some people it is best to not communicate with them at all...for your OWN INNER PEACE.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

Money...you need to make lots of it.  It does not make you happy but neither does poverty.  With it you can buy a nice comfortable home, car that is safe and won't break down and help the ones you love.  With it you can get counseling and see a therapist to help you get on the right road.  You can have good healthcare.  You can buy the best food and buy the best food for others.  You can give to the church and help the people you see on the news. I know that you can help people in other ways but if I had lots of money it would be the way that would make the most impact. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Money...you need to make lots of it.  It does not make you happy but neither does poverty.  With it you can buy a nice comfortable home, car that is safe and won't break down and help the ones you love.  With it you can get counseling and see a therapist to help you get on the right road.  You can have good healthcare.  You can buy the best food and buy the best food for others.  You can give to the church and help the people you see on the news. I know that you can help people in other ways but if I had lots of money it would be the way that would make the most impact. 

I have always told my children that money can't buy happiness.....BUT it DOES buy choices in life.....

which can make you a happier person......

Trusted Contributor

It is not my job to correct people.  That tendency is leftover from my 33 years of being a teacher.  I recently spent time with someone who is showing some signs of dementia and found myself correcting him over and over again.  It was not necessary and I got really disgusted with myself.