Honored Contributor

My husband is left handed, but neither of our daughters are.

It was so interesting, I have 4 siblings and all of them each had a left handed child, and neither of the parents were left handed, but me who does have a left handed spouse, ended up with two right handed daughters!

Honored Contributor

Nope.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain  My Father and one older sister was left handed.   My Mom, myself and my other sister were right handed. So it got passed down to one child

Trusted Contributor

No one in my family is a lefty.

Respected Contributor

My Dad was left handed.  My daughter is left handed (husband and I are right handed).  She's very smart and can play the piano.  

Frequent Contributor

I am left-handed. The best things I ever received were a pair of left-handed scissors and the very best- a notebook with the coils on the right side. No more trying to write in a notebook with your arm pressing into the coils. Genius invention. And of course- pot holders for left-handed people. 

Valued Contributor

Totally lefty. My mother was left handed. One son is ambidextrous.

In graduate school I took a class in Minorities. As I was sitting at an uncomfortable right handed desk, I noticed that I was the only lefty so did my research paper on Left handedness!

As a teacher I never wanted to teach 3rd grade because of cursive writing and lefties cover their words (smudge)  as they write. Well, moved from 2nd to 4/5....the third grade teachers didn't teach it so I had to.Thanks to Smart board and cursive video, kids learned cursive. Loved having a few lefties in class.

I always blame my lack of directions on my left handed thinking. And, always plan my restaurant seating so as to not elbow people!

Respected Contributor

Re: Are You Left-Handed?

[ Edited ]

I'm a lefty and an identical twin but she is righty.  They say identical twins are often mirror-image for handed ess. As the egg splits, each twin is dominant on that side.  No one else in my family is a lefty except me- And I am a scientist. Not an artistic bone in my body...

Honored Contributor

I am so is my son and gr son and nieces. It hrow a ball with right hand. I find more and more to be left handed today than ever. 

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain , three out of our family of twelve are left handed.  One is ambidextrous.  They are quite intelligent but so are the rest of my siblings so no clue if that means anything.  LM