Honored Contributor

All of our local franchise Arby's closed.  We have to go a good 150 miles to find one.  Not on purpose, of course.

Respected Contributor

Arby's is pretty popular where I live.  We don't order cookies but when we have ordered shakes, there are always available.  It's been drive thru only for some time now.  I read an article a while ago, or saw it on the news (not sure) that McDonald's was being "looked in to" because they hardly ever have ice cream or shakes available.  

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Arby's is pretty popular where I live.  We don't order cookies but when we have ordered shakes, there are always available.  It's been drive thru only for some time now.  I read an article a while ago, or saw it on the news (not sure) that McDonald's was being "looked in to" because they hardly ever have ice cream or shakes available.  

Our McDonald's never has sundaes or cones anymore, yet they still have shakes.  They say the machine is broke (for six months); I'd like to know the real reason.   To get a meal many times one sits in line for 35 minutes.  Arby's does very well in our area.

Honored Contributor

the ice cream machines at mcdonalds are rarely available for mcflurrys. it has become a joke around here. we know the reason why......no one wants to clean the machines daily so they just dont have them available.

ice cream and shakes are plentiful at sonic and chick fil a.

we do have an arbys close by, but i have not stopped in in quite  a while. i actually like their ham and cheese even more than their roast beef. i like some of their sandwiches also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Since COVID, Arby's is now only a drive thru resturant.  They seem to be always busy with long lines.  

I have noticed that sometimes they are closed for a day or two, or during certain times of the day because they don't have enough help to stay open.

Many of the fast food places in my area are the same way.  They have signs in the windows offering a sign on bonus and $20 an hour.

Respected Contributor

Interesting. We stopped at a Burger King recently and they told us they were out of buns!  How do you run out of buns?  And couldn't someone run to a local grocery to get some more?

Trusted Contributor

We went to an Arby's a few weeks ago and it had been years since doing so...I was saddened to see their Market Fresh Sanwiches eliminated from the menu.  I ordered a brisket sandwich and my husband ordered the beef that looks weird to me too.  We both were hungry and refrained from opening it up and instead gobbled it down.  Very tasty but not interested in going again. 

Honored Contributor

My husband and I eat at our Arby's several times a year, and we always get the Market Fresh Turkey, lettuce, tomatoe and cheese and onion sandwich, it is on a really good grain bread! I have always had a good experience with it, but I must say I hate their "curly fries" and our local Arby's doesn't offer any other type, so we don't eat there but a couple of times a year!

I have never for some reason been interested in their roast beef sandwiches!!!!! Ours is hardly ever busy as well. and it is located right in front of a small mall!

Respected Contributor

I just wish these places would stop with sesame seed buns that is what is un-healthy for your gut, divatickulitiss I believes is spelled very dangerous to get. I pick them off my Big Mac , a pain but worth it.And almost every sandwich at Arby's is made this way.

Honored Contributor

Seeds and nuts are an excellent source of fiber, which is recommended to maintain a healthy gut.

There are some myths that have been around for a long time about these being bad for anyone with diverticulosis or diverticulitis (two different things).

There's no need to remove the sesame seeds from a bun unless you just don't like them.  (Plenty of information out there on the internet about the subject.)