Respected Contributor
April the Giraffe......live cam https://youtu.be/3E5odkrfvFA She is getting ready to give birth. This is her 5th birth. She and her mate Ollie are at the Animal Adventure Park, Harpursville, NY. The cam is 24/7. Enjoy 😉
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty -

Thanks for thisSmiley Happy

I went to watch and gosh April, its a good thing I didn't stay up all night waiting last night which

I did a few years ago!

I love watching her and Ollie nuzzle each other. Or when she gives herself a straw shower lol! She looks a little dazed sometimes, staring off into space.

I remember Ollie would pace back and forth a lot and felt so sorry for him. And April doesn't seem to have any windows. Maybe that is on purpose for some reason?

Anyway, their cages seem so small but I know they are taken care of.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Naturesbeauty -

Thanks for thisSmiley Happy

I went to watch and gosh April, its a good thing I didn't stay up all night waiting last night which

I did a few years ago!

I love watching her and Ollie nuzzle each other. Or when she gives herself a straw shower lol! She looks a little dazed sometimes, staring off into space.

I remember Ollie would pace back and forth a lot and felt so sorry for him. And April doesn't seem to have any windows. Maybe that is on purpose for some reason?

Anyway, their cages seem so small but I know they are taken care of.

@on the bay - April has windows. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh -

Oh yes, I see them on the side nowSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

When is the projected due date? Ollie paces like a new daddy-to-be.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

@OKPrincess - apparently any time now. She’s showing lots of signs that she could be close to delivering.

They had originally thought the end of March but they think it will be much sooner than that. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

@OKPrincess - apparently any time now. She’s showing lots of signs that she could be close to delivering.

They had originally thought the end of March but they think it will be much sooner than that. 

@gidgetgh 

Thanks. Ok I’ll keep an eye on April.

Respected Contributor
For those who are interested in daily updates on April. Animal Adventure Park has a Facebook and it is opened so everyone can stay informed. Here’s the link: https://m.facebook.com/AnimalAdventurePark
Honored Contributor

April and Oliver sure are enjoying their ceiling bags for the past hour or so!

So cute.

Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty -

Thank you for that information!

I just read that what I called April staring off into space, they call it "stargazing."Heart