Re: April Showers at the Bird's Nest 2021

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower and outdoors

Honored Contributor

hey all

doing a fly by right now.

not much here. did my afternoon walk, hung out clothes ;this morn, dried in record time. a crisp wind today feels like off the ocean. clothes dried in record time.

not much else. talk with all later.

Honored Contributor

I went to the dentist today for the small filling in my front tooth.  These cases are so bad in Michigan that this is the first time I told my dentist, skip the novocaine, I have to go grocery shopping so I want to get out of here, get the shopping done and get back in my house Woman Very Happy  It went well and I felt no pain.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@viva923 

I am sorry to hear that you have Diverticulosis.  I know that it can be very painful.  A former neighbor of ours had it and he suffered terribly from it.  Nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep.  Sorry to hear that you were so tired all day. You take care of yourself!

@Bird mama 

I know exactly what you mean about having to go to the Dentist but not wanting to be there.  I went on Tuesday for gum surgery and a scraping of my teeth.  I dreaded going but it had to be done.  I was there over an hour and could not wait to get out of there. 

I am like you about being careful of where I go and with all the surges going on I try as much as possible to remain home as much as possible.

I did have to see my Dermatologist what with having had stage 2 skin cancer and not going to be checked for 1 and 1/2 years.  I went on Monday and was very uncomfortable being there.  Could not wait to get out of there.  Turned out all was good. 

My cousins husband went for his second shot the other day and afterwards he had chills and a fever going up and down.  He also was very tired.  He was told that it was the side effects and after day 4 he phoned his doctor and was sent for 2 covid tests.  Turns out he has Covid.  He is age 70 and thought he was careful about the virus.  His doctor told him that it is airborne and all you have to do is be in say a grocery store and someone who has it sneezes and the droplets remain there for up to 3 hours.  He was sent to the hospital and was given an antibody transfusion.  He was not bad enough to be kept in the hospital.  We spoke to him today and he sounded terrible.  I pray that he will be ok.  I have other appointments that I once again probably will cancel. I guess one has to do what they feel comfortable doing.

Today was very warm and it was very warm in the house.  I opened the windows and heard some songbirds and have no clue as to what type of birds they were due to not being able to see them but the sound was beautiful.  

We still have not had a drop of rain but hopefully it might rain tomorrow night.  We sure do need it.

Honored Contributor

Yea @luvsbulldogs  these variants especially the UK, Brazil and South African are really catchy.  I just learned this morning that Michigan has the original covid plus Brazil (I knew about that), UK (I knew about that), Soth African ( I knew about that) and the two California variants (that was news to me).

I'll say a prayer for your cousins's husband.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

new washer arrived,installed and 1st load done, shorter wash cycles. anyway, the man who delivered the washer said they are getting alot of these washers back because of the electronic boards, my 3700 was electronic board,same thing got 3 years wear out of it. if i get 2-3 yrs wear out of this washer will get a maytag hopefully they will be in stock and parts easier to get. had to take only items in stock which was the 4000 series washer. cross fingers.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor