Honored Contributor

Re: April Showers at the Bird's Nest 2021

May be an image of bird and outdoors

Honored Contributor

May be an image of swan

@luvsbulldogs 

Luvs,  Is the Stellara an infusion and does it seem to help you?    It would be awesome if you could contact the maker of these drugs and see if they can give you a break on the costs or maybe coupons like my daughter has.   I see ads on TV for many different drugs that treat many issues and they state at times that help could be available from the manufacturer of said drugs.   

My daughter was diagnosed with Crohn's in her early to mid 20ies.  It's been a long hard haul for her with her having several of the bad side effects of this cruel disease.  Resections,, blockages, accesses, etc.  She's 58 now and has several other worrisome problems, COPD, high BP,  arthritis,  bone on bone knee problems.   She took prednisone for years and it played havoc with her weight.,  which has contributed to these other problems.  I am always concerned for her.   

I do miss my Juncos, and am waiting now for the Chimney Swifts to come back to my chimney.  Also waiting for Kitty Catbird and other summer songsters.   I home my Carolina Wren finds a new mate, as I did find one of the little beauties dead in the bitter cold, laying in the snow.  I know they raised a brood last spring and hope more will be coming to the feeders.   Love those perky little birds.  

I did go to Florida, leaving on a Thursday and coming back last Tuesday, before Easter.   My middle grandson got married and my daughter and I drove down to Tampa for the ceremony.   Got to see my son for the first time and 2 1/2 years, plus my daughter in law and her parents, and all of my grandsons plus their sweeties.   It was wonderful to be with my Florida family again though it was just for a short time.   I sure do miss them all.  

Take good care of yourself and am sending prayers, as always, for someway to help you feel much better and get better!!!  🙂🙏🌞

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

Bernie,  Wow,  that's some reaction to the first shot.   I hope that the pain and itch are easing quickly and that you don't have such a reaction to the 2nd.  shot.  

Respected Contributor

@luvsbulldogs  I am so sorry that you not only have to go through all that pain and misery,but then the cost. I sure do hope and pray that the doctors can find some relief for you that is affordable. I have had issues and thankfully they did not start to get worse until my late sixties. They sure are life changing to say the least.

@possummink  Your daughter has been through so much..I will also pray for her.

I hope everyone has a good week and continue to enjoy nature.

Honored Contributor

@possummink   Congratulations to your beloved grandson on his marriage.  How lovely that you were able to see your family in Florida Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@possummink 

Congrats on your grandson's marriage!!!  I am so happy to hear that you made it to the wedding and that you were able to see your Fla. family! 

Your poor daughter!  She has been through a lot and has had to deal with it for a long time.  I hope that she can retire soon. 

When I first was diagnosed with Crohns I too was on Prednisone for way too long a period of time and I gained 90 pounds.  It took me 15 years to get it off.  Now I can't stop loosing weight.  The Stelara starts as an infusion with booster shots every 60 days.  I contacted the company and filled out all the paperwork for assistance and they told me that we made $3,000 too much money.  Unfortunately they go by both spouses incomes and they do not take into consideration that I spend over $5.000 a year on other meds.  I also applied to my insurance company and they are all out of funds for assistance.  Seems there are not very many people that can afford the costs of this biologic.  Your daughter is in my prayers.  I do not know how she can work with this.  Thankfully the last couple of years I was able to work from home. 

I too miss the Junco's.  Since we are not allowed to feed the birds when the bears are out we do not see too many birds in the warmer months.  This is when I miss our former house where we could do whatever we wanted.  We had a lot of bears over the years and they never bothered us but we did not bother them either.  Rules are rules so we will abide by them.  Enjoy your Summer birds!!!

@Bird mama 

I don't blame you for not wanting to get the vaccine in the same arm!  I wouldn't either!  I hope that you are feeling better!  My second shot was given to me way too high up my arm and it was bruised and did hurt for about 24 hours but nothing like yours.  I hope the second one is better for you.

@hellie jo 

I am sorry to hear that you went through and possibly still are going through medical issues.  I started with Crohns and now also Ulcerative Colitis in my mid 50's and have to say that aging is not what I thought it would be.  I hope that you are well.  Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

Spoiler

did my chores, wash is doing its thingy. 

Luv's. this past week a medical fact came out about colon problems. if you take a certain type of medicine (which I do- can not think of the name of the medicine-to tired today) diverticulosis is almost 100% possible. I have diverticulosis for many years but the article said as you age diverticulosis will get worse. oh wow just what i needed to hear

had a lousy night, woke up at 2am or so and could not go back to sleep, tossed and turned, am so gosh darn tired now. i can fall asleep just sitting here.

did chores, wash doing its thingy,that is all guys

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower and text that says 'Good Morning'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of parrot and outdoors

Honored Contributor