Honored Contributor

Re: April Showers at the Bird's Nest 2021

May be an image of outdoors

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I don't believe that I've ever heard so many birds chirping, and melodic singing, as there have been lately.

Each morning, and throughout the day.

They must be so very ready for Spring!

@ROMARY 

ROMARY 1,   I know what you mean.   It sounds, at times, like a symphonic orchestra warming up with each instrument creating it's own beautiful sound.  Nature's chorus is performing. 🎵  💖🥰🌞🕊🐦🎵

I'd love to hear some spring peepers adding their little croaks and squeaks to the chorus, but they've moved away from the woods behind me.   

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower

Honored Contributor

A photo of my 'yellow' magnolia.   It's more of an ivory than yellow, sweet scent and kind of waxy flowers.  

@luvsbulldogs 

Luvs,  I'm sorry that you are still having some problems with the Crohns.  It's always ongoing  and even changing, at least that's the case for my daughter.   She had another infusion last Thursday after we got back from Florida.   Those infusions are outrageously expensive.   She'd like to retire in a few years but isn't sure Medicare would pay for them.  She mentioned each dose as being  $40,000. 00 dollars.   Unbelievable burden on patients.   Luckily she has a coupon from the maker that makes her copay $150.00   I told her never to let the coupon go.  

Prayers that your doctor can find something or some way to help you with this insidious disease.  Take care.  🙏

PS>   I think all of my Juncos have gone North for their summer.   Haven't seen one in a few days.  

Honored Contributor

May be an image of rabbit

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@possummink 

The last 2 biologics did not work for me.  One was at 1% and the other was at 4%.  At $2300.00 per shot we maxed out our credit cards. The worst part is that the shots did not work.   I was told by my doctor that Medicare will not pay for shots but will pay for infusions and that we do not qualify for assistance. What they are thinking of doing since there is nothing left for me to try is to double the dose of the Stelara.  That would mean either once a month or double the dosage.  The cost would be double.  I told them that it is an insane cost and cannot pay that amount so we shall see. 

Your daughter should definitely hold onto her coupons. You mentioned an infusion so I think that Medicare will pay for infusions.   I hope that she will be able to retire.  I cannot even imagine working with this disease.  I will say that I was fortunate enough that it did not start with me until age 50 and at first was not all that bad.   By the time it got bad I was working from home.

I did not know that you went to Fla.  I hope that you had a great time there.

Yes, my Junco's are gone here too. I miss them already. We took down our feeders just in time.  Our neighbor sent us a photo from his outdoor camera of a huge bear right in our backyards.  It would have destroyed our feeders.  Our neighbor has bluebirds nesting in his bird houses.  We can seem them from our sun room so it will be fun to watch them going on and out of the birdhouses. 

@Bird mama 

Sorry to hear that you had had side effects from your second vaccine shot.  They are saying that if you have side effects that you have a good immune system.  I hope that you feel better soon. 

We are in dire need of rain.  We have been under a fire watch the last couple of days.  No rain this week but possibly some next week. 

We had a very nice but quiet Easter.  Dinner was great and so was the weather.   Our daffodils are here and growing nicely.  It looks like Spring has spring here.

Honored Contributor

hey all

just a quick pop in

did chores

did walk

hung  up 2 load of clothes outside, hope they dry

have a couple of chores to do now,later guys

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'Happy Wednesday Good Morning Have a Bugut and Beautiful Day! Augurando.it'

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs   I'm so sorry that the biologic didn't work and that you got stuck for it financially.  'Specialty Pharmacy' is big business and it's Big Pharma who benefits from that.

In the scheme of things my vaccine reaction is no big deal.  It seems to be calming down but I'm still not taking the second injection in that arm, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise