Honored Contributor

Re: April Showers at the Bird's Nest 2021

Good to know and thanks for sharing @77yangya 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I hope everyone had a nice Easter or just a lovely Sunday (if you don't celebrate Easter).  Dinner included meatloaf, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, devilled eggs, cranberry sauce (lol), Kings Hawaiin rolls.  This is the first year in a very long time that we deviated from the traditional sauerkraut and keilbasa/smoked sausage.

I ate more than I should have yesterday and just ate more left overs than I should have.  I have one more day of leftovers and food in the freezer for maybe end of next week.  I don't want to burn myself out on certain dishes so I freeze stuff more these days.

It was a lovely and sunny day.  Before the pandemic I don't know how many people dressed their kids up for Easter like I was dressed as a child.  Yesterday was the first Easter in a while that I think a little girl could have gotten away with tights under a dress and spring coat with coordinating hat (of course).  Some Easters of late would have required a winter coat.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I hope everyone had a nice Easter or just a lovely Sunday (if you don't celebrate Easter).  Dinner included meatloaf, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, devilled eggs, cranberry sauce (lol), Kings Hawaiin rolls.  This is the first year in a very long time that we deviated from the traditional sauerkraut and keilbasa/smoked sausage.

I ate more than I should have yesterday and just ate more left overs than I should have.  I have one more day of leftovers and food in the freezer for maybe end of next week.  I don't want to burn myself out on certain dishes so I freeze stuff more these days.

It was a lovely and sunny day.  Before the pandemic I don't know how many people dressed their kids up for Easter like I was dressed as a child.  Yesterday was the first Easter in a while that I think a little girl could have gotten away with tights under a dress and spring coat with coordinating hat (of course).  Some Easters of late would have required a winter coat.

@Bird mama   Easter and Birthdays were exciting because I was bought a new party dress, which made those days extra special.  I remember white gloves also.

Honored Contributor

Well, I thought and achy arm and tendet armpit (lymph node response) was gonna be the end of it for my first Moderna shot.  Wouldn't you know, 6 days iin I end up with that flippen covid arm.  Redness, mild rash, itchy, skin actually hot and under the redness it feels almost hard.  

Cortisone 10 doesn't do a thing for the itch.  I had to get out the caladryl, lol.  That's my wonder drug for all things itchy.  Boy I hope this passes in the next few days.  As much as I wanted to spare my right arm from anything since I'm right handed, I will get my second shot in that arm.  My left arm, where I got the first shot is going through some things and I don't have the guts to get the second shot in the same arm.  

Honored Contributor

May be an image of food and text that says 'Benjour 6 Avril Un p'****** café Ephéméride Seasonal Calendar Avec moi'

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

hey all

more spring housecleaning.

later guys

Honored Contributor

Curious Frog Garden Statue, Holding Binoculars with a Bluebird

Saw this on FaceBook and am tempted to get if for my kitchen garden.   I probably won't though as the hostas will hide it as they grow   They are well above the ground in parts of it and my brown trilliums are just about to bloom.   They'll get taller after the bloom is over.   I am not sure of how tall this froggie is.    The 'bluebird' on his binoculars doesn't look much like a bluebird though. 

Honored Contributor

I don't believe that I've ever heard so many birds chirping, and melodic singing, as there have been lately.

Each morning, and throughout the day.

They must be so very ready for Spring!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

May be an image of cat, stone-fruit tree and outdoors