Honored Contributor

April Showers at the Bird's Nest 2021

Welcome friends old and new to the Bird's Nest for April.

Why Do Birds Avoid Flying in the Rain? | Audubon

Adorable owls take shelter from the rain under a leaf | Nature | News |  Express.co.uk

Among the trees is a bird's nest,

and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: April Showers at the Bird's Nest 2021

@Bird mama 

Thank you for setting up the Birds Nest for April!  Love that cute little birdie and also the little owls!!! 

As for your Moderna shot I had the same thing happen to me but on the second shot.  The shot was given to me very high up almost in my shoulder and it hurt a lot.  The next day it was badly bruised and black and blue.  It all lasted about 3 days but other than that I was fine.  On the second day I had a doctors appointment and I showed her the bruised area and she said it definitely was too high up but not to worry about it.  Same person gave my husband his shot and it was lower than mine.  His was fine.  I think it was a rushed job as they were 2 hours behind their schedule.  Sorry that you had to go through that and hope that it feels better soon.

Nice to hear that you saw more than one chipmunk!!!  Perhaps it is a male and a female and they will be a family.  Babies are so cute!

@mousiegirl 

Yum, your Easter dinner sounds delicious.  Also your lemon cheesecake sounds so good!  We too are having ham, sweet potatoes or mashed potatoes, green beans and a chocolate bomb cake that we ordered.  I made a lemon cake yesterday morning that I was going to make for Easter and even though it was a box mix doctored up it was moist and very good.  I am still limited to what I can and cannot eat but all that I listed should be ok except for the chocolate bomb cake...lol.  I usually make an Italian Cheesecake but no longer can have dairy products so that ended that.  DH could not eat a entire cheesecake himself.

Today was cloudy and rained on and off but we are expecting a heavy rainfall later on this evening.  Can't complain because we really do need the rain.

Honored Contributor

hey all

finally got here

busy day, 

normal chores done

walk done

very cold and chilly,damp here. only in mid 40's fornext couple of days, close to a polar vortex. had to bundle up on my walk

ok guys, notmuch else.later

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

My backyard this morning at sunrise.  It's 3:40 pm here at we just hit 32 degrees, lol.

IMG_20210401_080139756_HDR (300x400).jpg

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower and text

Honored Contributor

May be an image of rose and text

Honored Contributor

May be an image of rose and text that says 'APRIL lenningsson Happy Thursday 1st of April The skylark's dream collage'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'Please Don't Kill Me With RE ERVATIVES I much Prefer a simple recipe made from Water and Sugar 4 cups water 1 cup sugar'