Honored Contributor

Re: April Showers at the Bird's Nest 2021

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A couple of weeks ago we found water in the basement.  The no freeze faucet outside froze and the pipe inside that feeds it broke.  The side of the basement that is not finished got the most water in it but it did reach the finished side where we have industrial carpet in it. The first thing we did was have a plumber come and replace the pipe. Then had Serv-Pro come and get the water out and dry out the carpet.  Then the carpet company came and replaced the matting that got wet and they put the carpet back in its place.  Then we had someone come and clean the carpets on the finished side.  Well we had to put the heat on pretty high to dry the carpet and those days it was close to 80 degrees outside.  The heat even though it was a different zone was coming upstairs and we could not run the central AC with the heat going.  Me not being a fan of the hot weather to begin with was not a happy camper.  I did close all the vents and opened all the windows but it still was 80 in here.  Thank goodness that is finished.  The insurance company paid for part of the bills.  We finally put all the furniture back on that side of the basement.  Oh we did have a pool table in there that had to be moved so we had to hire people to move it and put it back.  Needless to say we will always remember to shut off the faucets from now on. 

In the beginning of the week we had to have our cable company come here to change out the DVR box.  We kept losing the sound so hopefully it was the box and not our TV.  So far all is good. 

Yesterday we received a new modem in the mail for our office computer.  The instructions were for cell phones and we do not use our cell phones as we have a computer with a tower.  Had to phone the company and they instructed us as how to change modems.  At the end they had to reset the new modem and all was good with that.

On Thursday night it started out raining and then yesterday we received 4 to 5 in. of snow.  It looked like it was snowing marshmallows.....really pretty.  Today the snow is just about gone.  We did not receive the amount of rain that was predicted but every little bit helps.  We still need more rain.

Today it is cold out....in the low 40's and tonight it is to be in the mid 30's.  I, not liking hot weather am happy for now.......lol.

@Bird mama 

It sue is nice to see pics of the critters on your property.  We sure do miss them all since moving.  Enjoy them and thank you for posting pics.  On Thursday afternoon we had a bunny in our yard.......it sure is a cutie.  We have deer, bears, turkeys and now bunnies so far. 

@possumminkand @mousiegirl 

Thank you for the beautiful pics.  I find them very relaxing to look at. 

@viva923 

I hope you made it to church.

Take care everyone and have a great rest of the weekend.

EDITED to say that my cousins husband that had covid is on the mend.  He is still very tired but the fever is gone.

Honored Contributor

Good grief @luvsbulldogs  you've really been through it lately Heart  I'm happy to read that your cousin's husband is on the mend.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

made it to church, traffic going to was light, coming home i swear it was the Indy 500 all doing 300 mph. doing 55 and it was like i was standing still, cars whizzing past me.

not much else, later guys

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

did chores

did walk

hung clothes outside, warmer than the past 2 days but still a chill wind. 

not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

May be an image of 1 person, flower and text that says 'Good Morning Hope everyone has a Happy Sunday. God Blass You!'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

May be an image of outdoors

Honored Contributor

May be an image of bird and nature