Trusted Contributor

Re: April 2021 Back Fence - Celebrating Earth Day

viva,I also had a rough time logging in. Had to reset my password about 3 times.

Honored Contributor

I tried to login in a couple of times yesterday and felt like a dog chasing her tail so I just left it alone.  @viva923  I just looked up pipe arrestors aka water hammer arresters.  I don't think I have any on my pipes but what in the heck do I know?  I'll tell you what, if my pipes banged like that I'd lose it.  I'm glad a plumber knew what to about the noise.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hello all

spent the evening with grandkids/family at cheese cake factory, celebrating my 16 yr old grand daughter. driver's license she just got it. my dd asked if we wanted to go, been 2 yrs since we have been at any restaurants.

anyway, am exhausted.tomorrow guys

Honored Contributor

I'm glad that you got a chance to get together with the family @viva923   I remember the excitement of getting my driver's license at age 16.  Michigan law is different now and kids and parents have to go through more hoops - kids get conditional licenses now.  Back in the day, you got the license and they turned you out on the street Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

hey all

yup you are right about kid getting licenses now a days. my DD is hooked into some kind of web site that records all hours of grand daugh driving,day,night,how long, what roads it is really nice,they don't have to write this down manually.

not much here

waiting for clothes to finish in washer,house it opened up, did chores,did walk. later guys

Honored Contributor

Yea they have to log hours here too @viva923   I worked with lots of parents who had to go through it with their kids and the way those parents griped about taking their kids out at night or in inclement weather I often wondered if their kids ended up as good drivers, lol.

Honored Contributor

hey all

my phone system is totally dead, so am limping here.

verizon coming out tomorrow. ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, we never did get rain last night and the sun came out as the afternoon progressed.  I found out that my youngest niece's significant other came home Friday with a headache and overall not well feeling.  I learned today he has asthma (who knew?) .  Anyway my niece pressed him really hard to get covid tested locally and yep, he has it.  This is the one who didn't want to get the vaccine.

Then I find out the same niece's 9 year old daughter started feeling bad last night - she was recently diagnosed with asthma and needs daily meds.  Niece called the pediatrician and my great niece will get tested tomorrow.

My youngest niece will only be vaccinated with her first shot for two weeks tomorrow.  She's scheduled for her second shot on May 3rd.  Pediatrician tells my niece to stay away as much as possible from the covid positive and potentially covid positive people in her house.  My youngest niece slept in bed with her sick daughter last night so at this point all I can say about that household is hellz-a-poppin.

Any prayers you can send their way would be appreciated Heart

Honored Contributor

hey all

got a text message from verizon problem fixed did not close out ticket,i want verizon here to tell me why this keeps happening to my line,3rd time in 5 yrs.

bird mama, hope all is ok at your DD house with the covid situation.

not much else tonight.

Honored Contributor

hey all

verizon here

said it could be 1 of 3 things 

1,the original phone wiring i have in my house could be totally bad nothing they can do about it.

2.the cordless lines plugged into the house phone wiring are bad

the othe thing verizon found was some kind of bad do dad in the box outside the house,he changed that said it was corroded.

that is my story today,later guys