Respected Contributor

Re: April 2020 Showers at the Bird's Nest

@possummink  Glad you are back.Take care of yourself and rest.Hope you get better soon.

Honored Contributor

Aeppol

Honored Contributor

Thank You GIF - Thank You - Discover & Share GIFs

Thank you,  Birding Friends for the good wishes, get well thoughts and welcome back.   I really appreciate all of you as my friends and missed being here. Heart

I am shutting the computer down for a while,  as I have some queasiness now and am going to sit on the sofa and veg out for a bit.   If I don't get back here later this evening,  I'll see y'all tomorrow,  "God willing and the cricks don't rise".   Have a peaceful night and sweet dreams.  🐰🙂😻💖🦜🦅🦉

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone,

@possummink 

I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well.  Please take care of yourself and get some rest.  I hope that your daughter does not continue to not feel so good.  Thank you for posting and for letting us know how you are doing.  You and your family are in my prayers.

@Bird mama 

I too have been wondering what people are doing with all that bleach.  The cleaning aisle is totally wiped out and has been for some time now.  Can't find yeast or bread machine flour either,  Amazon has the yeast but at ridiculous prices. 

My husband did go grocery shopping yesterday morning and pretty much got everything we needed.  He said that most everyone there had some sort of mask on.  The store was limiting how many people could go in at one time and also cleaning your cart for each person that came went in.  Also most people were keeping their distance.

To make a long story short today I had to go to the lab to get a test done to see if the Entyvio was working for me.  Had to have it done just before the next infusion which is today,  Had to go to 2 labs because mine was closed and one did not do that test.  Finally ended up getting it done.  Most everyone was wearing a mask but I am still worried.  Today I have to go to a hospital annex to get the infusion done and will be there for over 2 1/2 hours.  Not looking forward to that because there will be patients from the hospital getting work done also and it is one of the hospitals that has a lot of people in it with the virus. 

I came home today and washed everything that I had on including my jacket and then jumped in the shower.  I intend to do the same tomorrow. 

@mousiegirl

Dinner sounded yummy!  Nice that you can get groceries delivered to your home!  We did have one store that delivered but since the virus has been here I think they are no longer doing it.  

@viva923 

How nice that your husband went shopping and that he pretty much got everything that you needed.  It is nice to here that you are getting out for your walks,

@Winifred

I too do not like that you are out shopping!  I sure do wish that you did not have to go.  You take care of yourself.

Take care everyone and stay safe and healthy!

Respected Contributor

Possum, so glad you were able to get back - you have been missed and we worried about you. Take care my friend.

Hope everyone is doing better OR fine at this point. Stay healthy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Betty posted an update on the Back Fence thread about her husband Merle:

Update: Nurse Ann had some better news this morning. Merle has had an eventful morning. His tube has been removed! They did a breathing trial which was OK and he is now on a Bi-Pap machine. That is the next step, then a cannula I think. He can nod his head. Temp is normal and the cooling blanket was removed. He got a bath this morning as well. Nurse thought that speech might be coming in as that would be a normal step at this point. He has been trying to tell the nurse something but she cannot understand. His mouth would be very dry at this point plus the mask adds to that difficulty. The speech folks might allow him to have something orally. She has assured him he family is in contact. He remains on Lasix to reduce that fluid and his output is good.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Image may contain: flower, plant, outdoor and nature

@Bird mama 

Bernie,   Thank you for posting the updates about Betty's husband.   He and she have been in my prayers and I'm glad to see that he's responding to the treatments and I pray that he continues to make good progress and get out of the ICU soon.   It's got to be so hard on both of them, being separated and under such terribly scary circumstances.  💖

@Winifred 

Winifred,   Thank you.  I missed being here and my friends here.   With things the way they are, quarantine and 'distancing'  it's kind of lonely and being here is a way of having company and keeping touch with friends,   

I hope you are doing well.  Lots of 'my' summer birds are making their returns to the feeders   I actually saw a Junco  yesterday,  so some are either getting a late start migrating back North or maybe they'll hang out here year round.  That's probably wishful thinking.   I do miss those bouncy little birds when they leave.   Hoping the Chimney Swifts show up soon.    I'm sure there'll be plenty of mosquitoes for them to eat as it warms up more and more.   Nearly 80 today and tomorrow, here and then a high of 50 on Thursday.   Missouri weather!! 🙂🐰

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: flower

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor