Honored Contributor

Re: April 2020 Showers at the Bird's Nest

I still don't understand the toilet paper and paper towel phenomenon with this coronavirus.  On the bright side, Americans want to be clean Woman Wink

It's funny I was looking at a sales circular and the coupons that came this weekend and there are really good coupons for brands I use.  Too bad they are for items that you can't find on the shelves these days.

I know why clorox bleach is hard to find but I don't know why clorox 2 is hard to find.  I'm going to need a new box of clorox 2 - I don't like the liquid.  I'm also going to need birdseed for the outdoor birds.  I looked this past week and it wasn't on sale so I thought - well you have enough to tide you over Bernie.  I guess this week I'll pay the asking price.

I also need to check out the spring solar lights.  I need to pick up two for the pet cemetery where my first dog and my Ma and her dog are laid to rest.  Hey Viva if you read this and go what the heck?  Yea, my Ma wanted to be cremated and placed with her dog.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama   When I go, my plan is to have my pets through the years and, my Father  be buried at sea with me. as I did with my Mother, that is when I decided that is what I wanted. 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I still don't understand the toilet paper and paper towel phenomenon with this coronavirus.  On the bright side, Americans want to be clean Woman Wink

It's funny I was looking at a sales circular and the coupons that came this weekend and there are really good coupons for brands I use.  Too bad they are for items that you can't find on the shelves these days.

I know why clorox bleach is hard to find but I don't know why clorox 2 is hard to find.  I'm going to need a new box of clorox 2 - I don't like the liquid.  I'm also going to need birdseed for the outdoor birds.  I looked this past week and it wasn't on sale so I thought - well you have enough to tide you over Bernie.  I guess this week I'll pay the asking price.

I also need to check out the spring solar lights.  I need to pick up two for the pet cemetery where my first dog and my Ma and her dog are laid to rest.  Hey Viva if you read this and go what the heck?  Yea, my Ma wanted to be cremated and placed with her dog.

@Bird mama   The lack of TP and Chlorox leads me to believe people wre not so clean before the virus, lol, as there was never a shortage.  I will need the liquid Chlorox soon,.  People should be limited on certain things, but they could go back another day, and no one would remember that they just bought such and such a few days before.

Honored Contributor

Just stopping by to say Hi !   Have a wonderful afternoon!  Love you all!

Hi Birding Friends,   I hope you don't mind, but this is a copy of the post I just put on Puddle's thread.   Long but it's what has been going on for the past few days.  Not fun at all!   Nice to be feeling a bit better and I need to go back and read posts    Have a good and safe week. 

Hi my Friends,   Just stopping by to say Hi and I hope you are doing ok and have a good week   🐰👍🏻

I have been battling a sever gastrointestinal issue, stated after I got home last Thursday afternoon from grocery shopping.  I was worn out a

fter carrying all of the groceries in and putting them up, over $250 worth.  I felt very queasy and it just got worse.  Felt like a full pitched battle going on in my tummy for hours on end and anything I ate, not much, even soup, caused another round of pitched battle.   It sounded like a volcano.  Then many trips to the loo,  coughing(my ongoing sinus issues),  Friday and Saturday were kind of 'lost' days,  spent on the sofa with only my cell phone and TV plus the cats.   Did manage to feed my birds, but I stayed off of the computer as it's on a it's own desk and I keep it plugged in there.   I think I got on line one time Saturday. 

Yesterday I did drive out to my daughter's home to drop off my brother's laundry.  I wish he'd let me get a washer and dryer into this house,  but he's afraid of the septic tank and issues with it flooding.   He can't go to the laundromat and I don't go there either now.  My daughter offered to do his laundry and he finally relented.   I only saw her for a minute or two, we kept our distance.  I did stop an get her and myself a big shrimp burrito from our favorite Mexican restaurant.  She called it in and I picked it up.  Curbside works pretty well, if you know what you want and they offer it.  

She apparently had some symptoms similar to mine, but with her having Crohn's, ???   She mentioned that now they are saying that nausea, diarrhea,  etc may be early symptoms of the virus.  I have the coughing but then that's kind of chronic with me and my sinus problems.  No fever, but no energy.  I need to find masks,  or a bandanna.  

At the grocery store last Thursday,  the employees had bandannas on like the old Westerns portrayed bank robbers.  I thought,  wow, surrounded by bank robbers.   I know it's not a funny matter,  but the memories of old movies and the appearance of the Dierberg's checkers and baggers, just made me smile.   I can't imagine walking into Bank of America wearing a bandanna like th

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Image may contain: bird and outdoor

I don't know why,  but I tried posting the previous post over 30 minutes ago and just noticed it didn't go through.   I reloaded it and still didn't post, finally it went through after about 4 tries.   QVC site or ??? 

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@possummink  It's good to see you posting and please watch your symptoms closely Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

Poss so glad you posted to let us know you are limping along. I hope you are feeling a wee bit better today.

what a day here

Costco run,acme,lowes runs dh made all these stops. He was able to get everything except 3 items as costco and they were minor items

put everything away and then had spray the weeds around the house,lawn man came and then I spread some ant junk around the house till pest control comes next month.

ok guys tomorrow

Honored Contributor

So, today I ordered through Instacart from two stores, and received both within forty-five minutes. No bleach at either store, and still no cornmeal, though I have some coming in May, also baking powder as I can't find it, from amazon, lol.  I wonder what people are doing with so much bleach, as a little goes a long way.  I hope this service will be available on a regular basis, so nice to have groceries delivered with no hassle, worth the $6.00.

DH was at the gate fetching some packages when I saw the van, so yelled to him from an upstairs window, but he couldn't make out what I was saying, so I kept yelling "turn around!", finally, with his umbrella, he did and saw the guy getting the groceries out of the trunk, with no gloves, but a mask.  I kept yelling to DH, "SIX FEET!", to no avail, hopeless, lol.

I finally broke down and colored my hair, then will get into the shower, hate to dye my hair, but must, waited until I couldn't stand it any longer.

I hope I sleep tomorrow night as I have to get up earlier than usual for the doctor conference with DH's new doctor Wednesday morning.

I roasted a small pork butt yesterday, so will make tacos tonight.

I thought Easter was on the 21st, but it is this coming Sunday, think we will have some leftover ham, which is in the freezer now, along with biscuits and a vege or two.

Honored Contributor

@possummink   Glad to see you back, but sorry to hear you weren't well, horrible feeling when one has to upsie.  Hopefully, within a few months, life will be back to normal, at least for a while/