Honored Contributor

Re: April 2020 Showers at the Bird's Nest

Image may contain: flower and text

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Betty posted another update on Merle on the Back Fence thread yesterday evening:

"More good news.  Please share, Bernie.  Prayers are being answered.  We still need lots of them. 

Update: Merle continues to amaze. He had his speech evaluation today which looks at swallowing and they directed he should have a purée diet. The man is eating! Mashed Potatoes with gravy and applesauce. He now is getting Lopressor so that they keep his Heart Rate under control. Today that was by IV and tomorrow it will be a tablet. He has been on the cannula (oxygen tube) with High flow. Chenelle said the actual chest x-ray shows the right lung is somewhat better but not much change in the left. All for now."

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here. Same ol' same ol'

chores, walks, t.v.

see all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird and outdoor

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird and outdoor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird, tree, plant, sky, outdoor and nature

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@possummink 

I hope that your daughter is well!  I also hope that she can get her infusion around the 22nd.  Bless her for doing what she is doing especially with having a compromised immune system!  She is definitely in my prayers!!!

I too ordered 2 masks from Amazon several weeks ago and it states that they were shipped and will not be here until April 18 or later!  I have a feeling I was scammed but we shall see.  I hope that you get yours.

How nice that you are having such nice weather! Enjoy your beautiful weather!!!  Today we reached  highs in the 60's but are expecting the temps to drop tomorrow with a lot of rain. One day this week, I think it is tomorrow up north is expecting snow.

Thank you for posting the adorable bulldog with the bunny ears on ....so cute!!!

Possum, I hope that you are feeling better.  Take care of yourself.

Respected Contributor

Received a phone call from our daughter and she was very excited.  Every year for the last 4 years she has a Phoebe couple nesting on her front porch,  She returns and cleans up the nest and is all set to go.  We all love watching them.  Well they were seen today checking things out so she is hoping that they are going to nest there again.  She read that they can return to the same nest for up to 8 years,  Fingers crossed that it is the same couple.  I always loved walking to her door and hearing the babies.

I spent most of the afternoon removing a dip nail polish.  I have had my nails done for years but as we all know they are closed.  My nails looked like daggers and were grown out about halfway. I soaked them for an hour in acetone.  Then had to re-soak them for another 30 minutes.  I did get it all off.  Phew!!!  My nails  are so soft so I cut them all the way back.  Tomorrow I will put a light polish on them to protect them. Now if only I could cut and frost my own hair....lol.  No big deal I am not going anywhere. 

Am wondering what kind of trouble I can get into tomorrow!

Take care everyone!