Respected Contributor

Re: April 2020 Back Fence Chat Time

@yock  Such good news.Thank you for the update.Sending continued prayers and positive thoughts. Take care and God bless.

Trusted Contributor

Yock,so good to read the good news. Remember to take care of yourself. Still good thoughts for you both.

Honored Contributor

Most excellent news Betty @yock   Speaking after being ventilated takes a little time so I don't want you to worry.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Went grocery shopping this morning. Did the early time for older people .Went to one of our Meijer stores. We wore our masks and I was very happy to see everyone was wearing one except for only a few .Had everything that we needed including toilet paper and eggs.

They had to close all the city parks here because this week-end people were at them in large groups.They ruin it for those who follow the rules

It's 72 degrees here with occasional sun.So nice and pleasant.

I hope you all have a good day and please take care.

Honored Contributor

Wow @hellie jo   I might have to hit Meijer's tomorrow morning Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much going on here. Just watching all my dvr'ed shows.

did chores, did walks, picked up mail not much else guys.

ok later.

Trusted Contributor

More good news.   Please share , Bernie.  Prayers are being answered. We still need lots of them.  

Update: Merle continues to amaze. He had his speech evaluation today which looks at swallowing and they directed he should have a purée diet. The man is eating! Mashed Potatoes with gravy and applesauce. He now is getting Lopressor so that they keep his Heart Rate under control. Today that was by IV and tomorrow it will be a tablet. He has been on the cannula (oxygen tube) with High flow. Chenelle said the actual chest x-ray shows the right lung is somewhat better but not much change in the left. All for now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Betty @yock  thank you for sharing the good news and giving testimony at the same time.

When I was growing up, it was a popular practice among Catholics to publicly recognize answered prayers (especially after a novena) by placing a small ad in the want ads section of the paper.  I don't know if many people still do that these days.

Because this is a public forum that could get more views than an ad in a local paper, I appreciate every time someone makes public an answered prayer.

Honored Contributor

The other day I posted that I placed a call with a tree guy (small business) about removing the cockeyed weeping mulberry and one evergreen shrub along the side of the house (there is no rehabbing that one).  Well, my sister had a fit when I told her I left a message for the guy.  She said that's not food or essential services.  I told her that I told the guy it was a wanna have and not a have to have - Geez.

Anyway, Joe came over yesterday, looked at the tree and shrub and gave me an estimate.  It's funny, he approached me with the written estimate and I was like - uh uh, just put it down on the porch and I'll get it Woman Very Happy When I saw the price I said so when can we do it?

I assured him that the cash would be in a clean envelope and would be wiped down for cooties.  The guy is young and says oh my guys aren't worried about that.  That's when my mother came through me Woman LOL and I said Joseph (I used his full name) you and your workers need to be concerned about that.  This virus is like a plague and is no joke.

$165 to have these things removed and the stumps ground out is a bargain compared to what I've paid my usual tree guy in the past. 

Joe assured me that his business is considered construction and that neither of us will be breaking the law.  He said he might be able to do it today or some time this week.  I kinda wish the kid would call me and give me some notice because I need to make a grocery store run and I want to be here when they do the work.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here tonight. Late getting on

same ol' same ol'

chores, walks,t.v.

check in tomorrow guys