Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird, text and outdoor

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird, plant, flower, sky and outdoor

Respected Contributor

The birds pictured are just great. Speaking of birds, my feeders are almost empty but I sure have to look hard to see a feathered friend out there. I really miss them. Now to work up some energy to refill them. Davey is just terrible doing it - he breaks the feeders. Is that really a typical 16 year old macho boy???

Beautiful day here but for some reason the past couple days, while I do not feel bad, am unusually tired. Difficult to just take a few steps Makes no sense to me quite frankly. The nurse is finally coming out tomorrow - well it has not been her fault, rather mine with my many whatevers to do - will ask her about it. Seems I am going a tad in reverse. Must also make another trip to the tax man - did not have two things I needed last week in my appointment. Getting a dup card for little Leah is becoming a nightmare. I could order on line for myself but for her I must go there - STAND IN LINE FOR HOURS - take my court papers to show I can legally ask for it - and so on. What a nightmare to get anything done this day and time.

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: plant, bird, flower, sky, outdoor and nature

Honored Contributor

11018863_412096342296396_8792946525769679381_n.jpg (425×640):

Honored Contributor

AmericanRobin35L.jpg (1000×729):

Honored Contributor

@Winifred   If you are not getting adequate oxygen and your C02 is building, that can make you tired.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Good Morning, I had a little bit of everything at the birdfood this morning. 

There were the usual birds (sparrows, cardinals, mourning doves, pigeons, juncos) and then a male duck came by (second day without the female) and then the rabbit.

The squirrels were aggressive to the point that the male duck was tentative about eating.  The male duck definitely is more pushy when his female is with him. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Birding Friends,   This is a photo of the Barred Owl mama in Indiana.  She has 3 eggs and some one tweeted that one might have a pip in it.  They are due to hatch at any time.   I must say that she's had two bunnies in the nest so far, I don't like to see that, but it's part of the dark side of Nature.   I wonder why I don't feel quite as bad as when the papa brings crawfish/crayfish/crawdads (whatever the correct names is) and fish.   Last year song birds were served, not happy about that.   Wish everyone would eat salads. Cat Sad

She is a beautiful bird though, and every so often she'll start hooting while she's just sitting on the nest.  Don't know if she's yelling a papa to bring food or if she's just lonely.  She won't be for long with the owlets hatching soon.