Respected Contributor

Still say Betty, your trips to Florida are the fastest ever. I need to pay more attention.

Am feeling OK but not ready to dance a jig - that is for sure.

Am hitting the sack shortly - am really tired. Only me, Miss Blackie and Davey are here - very very quiet - NICE!!!! Kids were at SB for Easter Egg hunts and just a great time.

Hope one and all had a great day. Message at Church today is to me the greatest message ever - Never hear it too often.

Honored Contributor

Hello all - I spent a large part of the day with family yesterday.  Middle sister and I ate dinner at my house then we each headed over to eldest niece's house around 5 pm to spend some time with nieces and their kids.  

It was good to see everyone.

Another beautiful day here.  We had 80's over the weekend and I think we are headed to 60's today.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Sounds like you had a nice family day, Bernie.   I had called while we were on the road home to make reservations at a place we frequently visit. Unfortunately there was only a 3 o'clock seating left.  I took it but never again   The wait staff clearly wanted to clean up and go home.  Hardly any dessert left and the carving table was pretty dismal.  There were some good things left but clearly not up to standard. 

Freddie our church was packed too.  Don't know if it was the bomb dropping or threats of war.  It is always highly attended at Easter but this was way beyond normal. 

the grass was greener here in Indiana than in Florida.  The weather was perfect but of course the natives like it hotter.  The kids all gave the pool a big workout.  The twins each lost their first tooth while we were there and then Liam ran into another kid on the slide and took out one of the front onrpes so he is one ahead.  Natalie has four teeth coming up behind her four lower ones. The baby teeth will be removed by the dentist this summer unless they loosen.  Can't believe how big they are all getting. 

Im catching up on laundry.  We had a washer and dryer in the house but with so many in the house it was hard to find a time when it wasn't busy

its good to be home. We brought the warmer weather with us.  I think this is the first time we gone to Flirida that the dogwoods in GA were not fully blooming.  Mine are pretty bare looking but their are buds ready to pop and our Cardinal couple has returned.  

Respected Contributor

Seems to me our Easter Services are generally better attended than even Christmas. II think the message for Easter is so good it is why people really pile in - Best message there is in my opinion. Believe in the resurrection and life will be eternal -- for sure.

Anyone want a obnoxious 16 year old. He is so very lazy. Drives me insane!

Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention last night - the roofers came yesterday, on my sister's actual birthday and replaced the roof on her house and detached garage. 

I went by there around 5:30 to check on the progress and stayed until they finished shortly after 7 pm.

My sister was thrilled with the outcome so I was thrilled. 

Her first vacation week (in 2 1/2 years) is off to a good start.

Trusted Contributor

I'm so glad the roof worked out for your sister, Bernie.  We are going to be facing that soon I think.  That's a wonderful way to start a vacation. 

Got ot the release from dr today on surgery and the ok that I'm not taking that pill.  All restrictions are gone so no more conning Merle I guess.  I am sorry to have to go bsck to my regular Gyn.  But that's a two year thing nowadays. 

No obnoxious wanted here Frecdie.  I banned it.  My great granddaughter was playing cards with me Sunday and she didn't like it cause I drew the card she wanted to keep so she threw them all down.   I said, gee since you  aren't a good sport, guess you'll have to pick those up by yourself. She says I don't have to listen to you. Only mom or dad. I said sorry, grams house, grams rules.  She picked them up but told me her heart was sad lol

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry that I'm late to the Fence - work was a corker, lol.

It's been raining here for the past couple of hours.  As long as it dries out this weekend so I can cut the grass, I'll be fine.

Trusted Contributor

We have storm warnings out today but you sure wouldn't know it by looking out the window. What a beautiful morning.  My pink dogwood should open completely today and the white one wont be far behind.  Hope the storm doesn't include hail.  

I finally called a different co to look at the shades in my sunroom.  The guy I've been using is just never going to be able to fix them   He's a sweet man and he's trjed to save us money but it's going to end up costing us more and not have them working correctly.  

Hope everyone has a great day.  

Honored Contributor

I just checked Channel 7's interactive weather map and there is a line of red moving across the state.  It looks like the larger chunk of the storm line is just north of my city (home). 

Respected Contributor

Was beautiful out here in Sou Cal yesterday. PLUMB HOT in fact. When I went out to get in the car for the umpteenth time, that sucker was blazing hot. Guess summer is approaching for sure. Traffic was horrible yesterday. What once was acres and acres of orange trees - most were taken down and it is heartbreaking - has been replaced with distribution centers. Those huge buildings are everywhere and a distribution center means a ton of big rigs. Horrible out on the Freeways - difficult to find any time these days you can have a pleasant drive. The those big buildings just are being built by the score. Amazon has a lot of buildings here - you can order something from them - OR the Q and have it within one to two days.  This is why. Cannot stand it.

I am NOT going to waken the little ones to take Davey to school. His Mother was suppose to be here so he can either walk or catch a ride. Just not right at all. Have no sympathy for Davey - he really needs to get his head on straight and his Mother needs to help him do that - not agree with him on his bad behavior. Really bad in my opinion.

Hope one and all have a great day. No one has left any food here lately so I will - of course it will be cinnamon raisin bagels - yummy way top start the day!!