Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  I've been getting calcium and vitamin d in my one a day vitamin.  I also take 2 caltrate D a day, spaced out of course.  Just started a strontium supplement from vitacoast today, swapped out for one of the caltrates d's.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Somethingis weird. I KNOW I hAVE POSTED at the Fence since Friday. This is weird.

Ran some errands and am worn out - of course. Fell asleep very early last night and did not get up until 6:30 this morning. That is WAY OFF my sleeping schedule. Guess I needed it. Did visit with a friend for about a half hour - she and I are about the same age and we have similar problems - now that is a twosome for sure - she is blessed as she has a couple friends who do a lot for her and also buy anything she needs. Only thing I find strange about that is she is financially solvent - big time. Interesting. Guess I played my cards wrong. LOL.

Had  black eyed  peas and cornbread for dinner and I am stuffed. Mercy me but it was good.

Hope one and all had a great day.

Trusted Contributor

Today is clean out the refrigerator day.  Luckily Kelly and Bill have a cooler that can hold a lot of leftovers. For some dumb reason we brought a cooler that holds two bottles of water.  We have several coolers at home so don't know hey the brain waves didn't work.  

Merle and I brought toilet tissue at Costco at the same time Cindy and Todd did at publix.  We can always use it but not quite sure how we are going to fit it in. Will probably open the big package and just fit rolls in spaces.  

Tonight will be deflate rafts and figure out how to fold the spring loaded ones. I have to always look on you tube.  It's been fun a pad we couldn't have planned better weather. But all good things have to come to an end so you can find other good things.  

Bernie, sounds like your porch is full.   We saw sand cranes in the front yard today. Don't know why they waited so long to come see me.  That bird with the long tail is still running down the pool roof and then dives into the bushes. Only seeing the male now.  

freddie sounds like you are doing much better.  That's a lot of bird seed to put out.  Pace yourself.  

Hi to everyone at the fence.  I only got two books read on my kindle.  The twins are like fish in the water. And I find myself just watching their antics. We got Liam a new swim trunks and he liked them so well that before we knew it he had stripped to put them on right out by the pool in front of God and everyone.  Such energy these boys have 

Honored Contributor

@yock

Betty it sounds like you are enjoying your family and the vacation.  I'm glad the weather is cooperating.

It started out really cloudy this morning so I left lights on in the house for the birds.  Good to see the sun is coming out this afternoon.

Honored Contributor

I'm grateful my company gives us Good Friday as a paid holiday.  I think the full moon earlier in the week affected some folks around here.  I'll be glad to get off of work today and get the heck out of here :-)

Honored Contributor

For those who observe, I wish you a Blessed Good Friday as we reflect on His sacrifice.

Honored Contributor

I was surprised when my alarm sounded this morning as I don't remember setting it last night.  I turned it off and went back to bed for another hour or so.  My company recognizes Good Friday as a paid holiday.

The warmer weather has triggered the front shrubs (have no idea what kind) to bud.  My forsythia in the back yard is budding too.  Grass is looking greener and some neighbors are mowing already.  I'll cut the grass for the first time this season next weekend.

I went to the endocrinologists office and picked up the copy of the dexa scan.  I also went to the pet cemetary and replaced the winter/Christmas solar lights with spring multicolor solar lights.  

Since it's the way she wanted it, Ma's ashes are with her dog so I visited with Ma too.  Last time I visited, Anna was here on earth.  Now she's with Ma and so I talked about it with Ma while I was at the cemetery.  

The roofers who were supposed to install my middle sister's roof today are game playing and I'm 'this close' to losing my religion.  The deal that was agreed upon and put it writing was that they would install today.  Instead they dropped off shingles on Wednesday - no advance notice to my sister and left her a voicemail around 5pm saying, we can start it on Thursday.  My middle sister has an old cat that she loves with a passion uncontested.  She called them on Wednesday and said, nope, not gonna happen, I start vacation on Friday, that's what we agreed to.  If you feel compelled to do something on Thursday, do the detached garage.

They agreed and apologized.  Yesterday they called her at work and said they started another job yesterday that they didn't finish and that they would need to finish it today, thereby bumping my sister in the schedule.

Suffice it to say, I was livid.  My middle sister was a bit calmer about it. They will be coming on Monday (sister has all next week off).  My sister's favorite Holy Day is Easter, her birthday is Monday and I will control myself as to not ruin it for her.  This is the first time she's taking a week vacation in 2 1/2 years.  The roof is my gift to her.  

There is another company that also did an estimate - she had 2 estimates done around 3 weeks ago.  If there is one ounce of trouble come Monday that's it.  I'll be calling them and it will be unpleasant - for them, not me.

I have zero tolerance for unprofessional businesses.

Trusted Contributor

We are back home again in Indians.   Suitcase is unpacked but will start laundry tomorrow.  We had a washer and dryer at the rental house but it was hard to find a time when it wasn't busy. Kept our essentials up.   

Merle managed to leave his cell phone at hotel in Dalton ga.  They were supposed to send it out fedex over inite but I've received no tracking info. Called back and if course the night clerk didn't know but someone will call in the morning.  The Dalton fed ex office was closed so couldn't find out anything.   I sure hope they got the task done.  

Bernie, sounds like you've been busy. Hope the roof gets done. 

Hi hi to all the other back fencers. I'll check back tomorrow but it's time to call it a day.  

Honored Contributor

Betty, I'm glad you made it home safely.  Now you need a couple days to recover from your vacation :-)

Hey Freddie - how are you feeling these days?

I watched April the giraffe have her baby this morning.  Ahh the miracle of life - human or animal.

I did the grocery shopping - store was not psycho like I expected it would be.

Honored Contributor

Happy Easter

Related image