Respected Contributor

Betty, you have been to Florida for a few days now. How come so quiet? Will be back later for your answer. LOL

Honored Contributor

Hello all, the sun is shining and I'm enjoying a day off and the beginning of a long weekend.  

Betty, I hope you're having a great time on your vacation.

Freddie, I hope all the medical folks are getting things together for you.

I've been puttering around the house waiting for a call from the doctor's office as my thyroid bloodwork is outside of normal range (high).  One of the benefits of signing up for medical chart info - I knew yesterday morning.

I have no idea if the dose of my synthroid will change or not.

It's funny, waiting for the doctor to call reminds me of waiting for food in a restaurant back in the days when I smoked.  I used to joke that the food would come as soon as I lit up and it usually did.

I have errands to run and want to get my haircut which is probably when I will get the call about the test results - when I am least prepared to talk about it.

Oh well, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I had a craving and it had been a long time so lunch was a piece of this carrot cake.

Help yourselves

Image result for meijer carrot cake

Trusted Contributor

The carrot cake looks good.    We've been running around eating and sleeping.  Was in the high 90s the last two days so I did get I. The pool with my youngest great.  She would stay there all day I think   Today it is 7(. Joe and his family went to animal clinic and I got a picture back from natLie telling me she is 44 inches tall and got to ride the yeti. I don't like roller coasters of any kind so she lived this. 

Last st night we ate at Shula burgers a name Bernie will know.  I love their burgers tho they ain't cheap.   Night before we went to sweet tomato which is one long salad bar.  I love their corn bread and it is actually pretty cheap. 

Tomorrow Joe and family head home and Kelly bill and Twins arrive.  Merle and I made a fun to Costco to restock some essentials like toilet paper.  Hot some hibachi chicken to bring home. 

Bernie. The one thing I usually can pass is the bone density test.   Having big trouble with my arm and foot tho. Will have my grandson in law give me an opinion when he gets here.  Merle has taken those meds forever.  I take the synthoid.  

Talk with ith you all later maybe. Lol

Respected Contributor

Betty, each year I am always amazed at how your families fly in and out and do not seem to miss a beat. It's great you all get to enjoy each other's company down South. that is great.

As usual, you will be exhausted when you get back home. LOL but in the meantime you and Merle will have thoroughly enjoyed your Southern Stay.

For me - another day of here and there. I am so very ANGRY with the medical profession as it is today. I am struggling to believe all the things I am going through. Bottom line, my pulmonary guru is taking two more weeks off and that will make ONE MONTH before he sees me after my hospital stay. I thought that if your MD was not available another was right there to step in and help. Am not a happy camper - this is so very dumb and by the time I actually see him it will be TWO MONTHS from the time I went to Urgent Care with not feeling well. And by the way, I have to WAIT for a small oxygen whatever to have with me when I leave the house. They provided me with a small tank to carry - I cannot even turn it on as my arthritic thumbs do not work well in turning heavy things. I cannot believe it. Just horrible.

Beautiful day today - weather wise - and we shall see what tomorrow brings.

Hope one and all have a great day tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

We had a lovely sunny and mild day today.  I left the house to mail an Easter card and the first of 3 birthday cards to my middle sister.  Oh yeah I also picked up a pizza on the way home :-)

Since it was so nice outside, I went in the back yard and picked up lots of pinecones, broken branches and what I call twiglets (small branches) that had fallen to the ground during winter.

The yard looks neater now.  

Honored Contributor

Hello, this morning's bargain matinee was

Image result for going in style

"Lifelong buddies Willie (Morgan Freeman), Joe (Michael Caine) and Albert (Alan Arkin) decide to buck retirement and step off the straight-and-narrow when their pension funds become a corporate casualty. Desperate to pay the bills and come through for their loved ones, the three men risk it all by embarking on a daring adventure to knock off the very bank that absconded with their money."

Great movie and I laughed out loud more than once.

Honored Contributor

Hello all - the day has been mostly sunny around here.  Every once in a while it looks like we are going to get a storm and then it clears out. 

Baseball season has started here and as someone who works downtown, I dread the Tigers afternoon home games.  It seems no matter how late I leave work (even the 6pm hour) I run into post game traffic.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, the doctor's assistant returned the call I placed yesterday.  I had to ask her to call the RX in to the pharmacy that participates in the Synthroid Direct program. 

Called the pharmacy in FL made sure that was all straight, even though I've been registered since last Wednesday.  I guess it could take 2 weeks before I get my RX.  My pills run out this weekend.  It might do my body good to take a small holiday off the Synthroid, lol.

Honored Contributor

Re: April 2017 - Back Fence

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

Hello to anyone out there, ha ha ha. 

I went for my annual appointment with the endocrinologist.  After seeing her for a few years now, we finally had the kind of appointment that I wanted.  We actually talked to each other about things. 

I had my first bone density scan in late 2013 and knew then that I was just a touch away from osteoporosis in my spine.  She and I talked about the disease itself and I agreed to a bone density exam at her office - she has quite the office complex.

I'm trying to digest that I will be on bone density medication.  I don't like it one bit, however I really value my independence and don't want to break a hip and not be able to go up and down my stairs.

Part of it is genetics, part of it is ethnicity, part of it is post menopause and part is this thyroid.  Grrrrrr.

@Bird mama  Had you been consuming at least 1500 mgs of calcium daily?

My MIL drank a glass of milk daily and thought that would do it.  In her eighties, she got up off of a couch, fell, and broke her arm and hip on the same side, then crawled to her phone and managed to grasp the cord and call for help.  She was then diagnosed with osteroprosis and needed help to walk and do everything from then on.