Honored Contributor

I'm coming down with something so hot weather sounds good right now.  I had the day scheduled as vacation for some time now and didn't expect that I'd get sick.

I'm wearing multiple layers of clothes to keep the chill off of me - the thermostat is set at 77 degrees :-)  Don't wanna dry the birds out.  I'm hoping the zicam and sleep today will have me feeling like myself this weekend.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Image result for earth day

Happy Earth Day Back Fencers,

My city usually hosts an e-cycling event around Earth Day so I did my part and gave them a broken Epson scanner to recycle.  I also dropped off the usual (paper, cardboard, cans and glass).  

I'm feeling less like death warmed over today and ran a couple of errands.  I didn't do much but what I did do wore me out :-)

Trusted Contributor

We baby sat Natalie this mornings while her Daddy coached his soccer team    He brought with her a frozen waffle to eat for breakfast.  The only problem was I had no syrup.   We woke Merle up and he happily ran to the store. It is very close.   After getting syrup in each hole we cut it up.   She has a hard time concentrating on eating.   After about half a waffle she was not really wanting to finish.  I talked her into eating most of it. It wasn't that big to start with.    Later I gave her a cheese slice and she ate almost all of it.   

Then em we played Sorry. I tried to trick er on the slides but she knew the rules. 

Bernie I'm glad you are feeling a little better.  My sis has been down for a week and still is sick. They are doing some further testing.  

Freddie, hope Davey found his way to school and that it will encourage him to recognize the benefit of walking every day.   

Honored Contributor

@yock  I take it Natalie is a picky eater?  Good luck with that.  I was and still am a picky eater and our Zoe (great niece) is a picky eater too.  I usually can get her to eat (she's 6) by saying, you know what?  I really don't want to eat this dinner either but I do want dessert.  Dinner is the price we pay for dessert.  And she'll look at me, sigh and say, well okay.

Honored Contributor

Hello and how are you doing today?

I decided to check my symptoms on webmd and finally took my temp last night - 100.3.  I don't consider that high however it made me wonder what my temp was on Thursday night into Friday when I was delirious and bumping into walls on the way to the bathroom, lol.  Guess it was the flu.

By the time I figured out it was the flu, I was past the 48 hour timeframe for getting the flu remedy from a doctor.  You know me, I like to battle it naturally whenever possible :-)

I checked my temp twice this morning - back in the normal range.  I bundled up and cut my front yard grass.  I'm resting right now and will probably tackle the back yard once the sun gets over in that area.

Respected Contributor

Glad to read you are feeling better Bernie - sometimes we wait a tad long to take care of ourselves. Be careful as when you get as old as me and Betty, you are in big trouble if you wait. Right Betty?

Another way too hot day today - tomorrow suppose to get in the 70s - sure hope so. I am going to have a very difficult time in the hot weather headed our way for summer. Before I got sick i struggled for the past two years for a good three months. Have a hunch it will be more difficult now.

Betty, these little ones can out think us every step of the way. LOL

\

Hope one and all had a super good day.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, Freddie, I agree you can send yourself into a relapse.  And sometimes we are our own worst enemies. Bernie, listen to your elders.  

We had a beautiful weekend that started cool but by noon was 75.    

Freddie, I thought of you yesterday at church.  An elderly parishioner came in carrying her portable oxygen tank.  I nodded to her and then turned my eyes elsewhere.   Kerpkunk!   I turned back to her and there she sat on the floor. Her glasses were crosswise on her face. Several people closer rushed to her aid and got her on her feet and reattached to her oxygen.  She insisted she was fine and proceeded to her usual seat close to the front.  The sound I heard apparently was the tank hitting the floor.  I don't know if she just misstepped or what.  There was a young boy near who I heard say I'm sorry so I wonder if he cut in front of her or something.  She appeared none the worse for wear and was laughing about it.  Of course that is what we do when we are embarrassed. 

Natalie just isn't that interested in food. She eats a few bites and that is enough for her. She loves most vegetables but the quickest way to turn her off is to put too much on her plate.   I should have that problem.  I don't think she drinks enough fluids but that is dr betty reflex.   She gets migraine like headaches and is scheduled for a brain scan on the 11th.  

the washer just kicked off so back to routine. 

Honored Contributor

I'm working from home today.  I started out sleeping in the bed - being flat aggravated a coughing reflex.  I thought about going to the couch then worried I wouldn't hear the alarm.  So like the twit I am, I tried to fit my 5'10 body on a loveseat.  I got up at some point during the night and it felt like I broke my neck.  I'm telling you, I'm my own worst enemy.

I took to the couch and awoke at 6:30.  I shut off the alarm, waited about 30 minutes tried my leaders desk phone then left a message for her on her cell phone. I didn't sound human and basically said, I'm coming downtown to get my laptop and will be turning around and going back home.  Just want you to know in case you hear me and then don't.

I sleep in yoga pants and put a hat on my bed head, a coat on and geez I didn't even bother to put on earrings.  I was clean, so there is at least that.

Honored Contributor

I'm working at home again today.  Fever came back last evening - never got past 103.  Fever's good for the body - I'd rather not suppress it with Advil.  

No fever today.  I've participated on conference calls for 2 days and when people hear me speak they're like Bernie is that you - OMG?

You know how that goes - when you sound your worst is when you are actually getting better, lol

Respected Contributor

Bernie hope your day gets better!

Betty, I think it must be easy to stumble or fall with those oxygen tanks - at least some of them. A lot of people now have them on small carts - mostly 3 wheel - and they seem to do better. Carrying one of those things is not easy - also i cannot open them to even use them. The arthritic thumbs have taken care of that. The small tanks do not even look like a tank and you can plug them in your car. My friend Nancy has one of those - but even she says they go on the blink a lot.

Very very chilly this morning yet it is suppose to be a nice day. We shall see.

Would love to go back to bed but just will not be able to do that. Sigh.

Hope one and all have a great day.