Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The OP doesn't have a home computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep whispering the same thing to myself lol

Perhaps a son/daughter or friend does.  I've been helping a neighbor sign up for covid shots and other things.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The OP doesn't have a home computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep whispering the same thing to myself lol

Perhaps a son/daughter or friend does.  I've been helping a neighbor sign up for covid shots and other things.

@CalminHeart  yes I did think of that but you know some people don't want other people knowing their business.  That would be the way to go if she can find someone she can trust.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

I'll just say about my own experience is that I ended up with a larger benefit by having an in-person sign up than using the internet, and I started getting benefits sooner as well.  This was pre-Covid,  but you can still have a phone interview.

I was only going to apply for Medicare at 65 since my full Social Security benefits didn't kick in until a slightly later age.  And I was pretty adamant about it too!😆

The very nice woman at my local office went through different scenarios on her computer and came up with a higher benefit than I had calculated.  (She explained it, but I'm still not sure how she did it.)  I was sure she was mistaken, and even after my checks starting coming in I was still convinced one day they were going to tell me a mistake had been made and I owed them a bunch of back payments.😆  

Since then, I've spoken to others that had the same experience by having in in-person interview.  No so with people that signed up online.

Just my own experience, though.