Respected Contributor

Re: Apple Watch Recommendation

I bought the 6 SE for the falls feature as I sadly realize I'm getting older and DH is not always around. It costs $10 a month for cell feature which is necessary for the fall feature. The watch can sense a 'hard' fall and will ask if you are ok. If you say yes or press the stem, all is well. If you don't answer or press no, it will call emergency services or an emergency number it is given. Cell service is needed for the GPS services to let the emergency responders know where you are.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

I ordered the Apple Watch Series 7 today.  It won't be delivered until Nov. 24 - Dec. 2, which is disappointing.  I got the Series 7 GPS, 41mm Starlight Aluminum Case with Gold Milanese Loop.  I always have my phone with me so didn't feel like I needed the cellular for $100 more.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I ordered the Apple Watch Series 7 today.  It won't be delivered until Nov. 24 - Dec. 2, which is disappointing.  I got the Series 7 GPS, 41mm Starlight Aluminum Case with Gold Milanese Loop.  I always have my phone with me so didn't feel like I needed the cellular for $100 more.

Exactly me. Same delivery dates, same watch and service but diff band. We went to a store and still same delivery estimate. I guess if those boats get unloaded soon our delivery will be earlier.

Honored Contributor

I highly recommend cellular!  My husband uses it all the time, even here in the house when he is in one room and phone in another, or he is taking the garbage out, etc.  

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all!!!!