Honored Contributor

Anything you did this week that you wish you'd done differently?

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 5.54.25 AM.png

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anything you did this week that you wish you'd done differently?

Yes. I made a rich dessert and then guess what? I ate too much of it. By the way, it was a chocolate chip pound cake covered in cherries and whipped cream.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH is having a contractor build shelving in our garage.  He was supposed to start this past Monday, so I boxed up everything that was mine and it's currently sitting in my dining area.  I have to squeeze around the boxes just to serve dinner or sit down.

Well, whaddaya know... contractor called the same night to say he was delayed on another job and can't start here for two weeks.  DH says, "What's the big deal?". 

I wish I hadn't packed up yet because I'm not good at dealing with clutter and it's really stressing me.  I wish I hadn't trusted that this guy would show up when he was supposed to show up.  In my experience, they rarely do.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Spent less money at the grocery store.  I was a little reckless (we eat well, though, and I enjoy meal planning and preparation).

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I made a quilt for the humanitarian center and I wish I'd used a different pattern with the fabric.  But hey, I don't have to look at it for very long.

I't difficult to pick out a pattern when you're just handed a bunch of fabric and asked to make "something" with it.

Honored Contributor

no, not so far. It has been a very quiet week after the big snow storm we had last week.  It has been nice getting everything back to more "normal".

Honored Contributor

Yes.  A $642+ blunder. Woman Frustrated

Thus far....

Received curtains I'd ordered, opened the packages and there was a horrible odor.  Knew I was going to wash them anyways just to get the sharp creases out of them from packaging.

Made sure before I ordered them they were machine washable and not from China. 

Loved the look on Horchow's website.  Tie tops, 100% cotton linen.....

Into the washer--on delicate.  Went to hang the 9 I've received so far--7 more on backorder.

So much fabric came off, (I can't believe there's not holes in them).  

Looks like a seagull was attacked in my back yard.  Huge tufts of this white cotton-y pieces everywhere.

We hung them after they dried and they are beautiful, but I don't want to have to go through that every time I want to wash them, several times a year.

Don't want them and am going to return the ones once they get here.  But I'm out the $$$.  And don't know what to do with nine 108" panels.

Yard sale?Woman Indifferent

Super Contributor

I bought diamond huggie earrings - but... I love them... Oh well...They are small and with my nails I could not put them in my ears.  The woman at the store put them in without much pain and they look stunning... Happy Valentine's Day to me...

Respected Contributor

went crazy eating simple carbs

Valued Contributor

Not Yet...LOL...but week isn't over-

I'm Sure I will do something I shouldn't!Smiley Tongue