Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone who has been to the Grand Canyon

@Nevadablue wrote:
wow thanks everyone who had advice learned alot from everyone. We are seniors so no hiking or camping for us so enjoying the views and taking pictures is the extent of our visit, so we are going in November so that means really cold good to know thanks for HU. We ruled out the helicopter tour so we could stop where we chose, we did the Hoover Dam tour years ago. I appreciate everyones opinion and plan on taking bits and pieces to make it work we are only spending 4 days in Vegas so time is little of a factor.

Nevadablue, even if you only have a few hours, do make the trip.  The South Rim is very popular and busy.  The North Rim is more quiet and less tourists.

Respected Contributor

Big Sister, thanks!  I'm sure I'll be very sore but it's something I really want to do.  Will have to take ibuprofen with me and take the first dose before I even mount up.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

My husband and i went years ago, went to sedona first ,we loved it ,stopped at flagstaff, liked it there,the drive was nice, got to the grand canyon, my husband walked out to the edge, i tried ,it just scared me too death, i have never been so scared, it is just HUGE!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.