Respected Contributor

Anyone up for a wonderful Love story?

I'm telling this to bring something pleasant to discuss. My son is 47, has been married and divorced once. Back in Febuary he and his current girlfriend invited their family members to dinner at a Japonese steak house where they seat everyone in a big U shaped table and the chef fixes your dinner at the table. There were about 20 of their friends and family there. When dinner was over they had us go to another area where they had separate tables to sit at because my son had told everyone to save room for dessert after we ate. Well once everyone was seated my son stood up next to his girlfriend and thanked everyone for coming then announced that they had gotten married 4 days prior to the dinner. I was totally shocked !! I ran up to both of them, ( still limping a bit from my knee replacement) hugged them  and welcomed her to the family.

I'm very happy for them, they had dated off and on for years growing up then split for good and my son married someone else. They rekindled their relationship after his divorce. He told me many years ago that she was the love of his life and had been the first girl he ever liked back at the age of about 13. ( she didn't respond to him back then) This young lady and her family lived up the street from us and they attended grade school and high school together. She has always been very respectfull to me and I wish them all the best. 2 hearts are finally together.  Just wanted to share some pleasant news for a change.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone up for a wonderful Love story?

Love that story! HeartHeart

Respected Contributor

Wonderful story 💘

Respected Contributor

You must be very proud...and rightfully so!  How lovely is their romance!  Congratulations to your family and new family member!

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I'm telling this to bring something pleasant to discuss. My son is 47, has been married and divorced once. Back in Febuary he and his current girlfriend invited their family members to dinner at a Japonese steak house where they seat everyone in a big U shaped table and the chef fixes your dinner at the table. There were about 20 of their friends and family there. When dinner was over they had us go to another area where they had separate tables to sit at because my son had told everyone to save room for dessert after we ate. Well once everyone was seated my son stood up next to his girlfriend and thanked everyone for coming then announced that they had gotten married 4 days prior to the dinner. I was totally shocked !! I ran up to both of them, ( still limping a bit from my knee replacement) hugged them  and welcomed her to the family.

I'm very happy for them, they had dated off and on for years growing up then split for good and my son married someone else. They rekindled their relationship after his divorce. He told me many years ago that she was the love of his life and had been the first girl he ever liked back at the age of about 13. ( she didn't respond to him back then) This young lady and her family lived up the street from us and they attended grade school and high school together. She has always been very respectfull to me and I wish them all the best. 2 hearts are finally together.  Just wanted to share some pleasant news for a change.

@Goodie2shoes  Thanks, I'm a sucker for a love story. 🥰

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

How wonderful!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

What a great love story.  I needed that!

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   Where there is love there is always hope!! ❤️❤️🥂. Thanks for sharing!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   What a wonderful way to end a dinner! 
That was a celebration just the way they wanted and included who they wanted. Knowing her for so long I know you are thrilled!  👩‍❤️‍👨

Respected Contributor

Beautiful story!!! ❤️❤️  

I only hope that one day that will happen to me. 🙂