Respected Contributor

Anyone shop at The Vermont Country Store?

FYI, they are having their Fall free shipping promo, expires 12/15/15, $65.00 min order.  You can get the code at their website.  I posted this a few days ago but it got poofed!

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone shop at The Vermont Country Store?

I love the "Vermont Country Store"!  I just received their Christmas Catalog this past week...Love seeing all the RETRO items that remind me of my childhood from the 1960's like "Lemon Up Shampoo"...Who remember's "Lemon Up"?

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info.  We buy our chair cushions from them.  They also have a great selection of old time candies, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

I love the "Vermont Country Store"!  I just received their Christmas Catalog this past week...Love seeing all the RETRO items that remind me of my childhood from the 1960's like "Lemon Up Shampoo"...Who remember's "Lemon Up"?

I still use Lemon Up!!  When I saw it in their catalog years ago I bought a bottle and then another and another....I loved using it in the 70's and it's just the same now.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I just love their catalog.  If anyone is looking for old time candies, this is also the place.  DH has always loved knit ski PJs and gets them from here.  

Respected Contributor

Have not in awhile... But, their shortbread cookies were always good. I think they came in plain, maple, and toffee. Good with coffee in the morning or just a TV nibble at night. Hmmm, thanks for reminding me....Woman Very Happy

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I haven't ordered anything from them but love looking at their items on the website.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

DeltaOne, thanks for posting this.  I meant to do it several days ago when I received their latest catalog.

Over the years I have ordered items from them, especially their Lanz nightgowns.  Love them!

Honored Contributor

'Say what?' ......... Your original thread was poofed?  Now I've heard it all............  BTW, thanks for the alert.  I wouldn't have thought of VCS on my own.   I'll take a look online. Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's so much fun looking through their catalogue. I love their jams and relishes. Their holiday cakes are absolutely fantastic. And I'm addicted to their small Italian hard candies, each individually wrapped and only 4 calories each. I keep them in my purse, my night table, and my car. When I want a little sweet, they're perfect.  I've also bought some lovely nighties from them. Vermont Country Store is a unique piece of Americana.