Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone meet their SO online?

Nope, I met my dh the old fashioned way.....at work. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

There was no "online" 37 years ago.  I do think that if a person truly wants to meet someone special, online through a real dating site is the best way to do it.  

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Significant Other - SO

@libbyannE

@libbyannE wrote:

What is So? 

@I am still oxox

Thank you! This is the only online forum I visit. I don’t know why abbreviations are used vs spelling things out, but thst’s Just me. Modern laziness! 

Honored Contributor

Yes I met my husband online 10 years ago. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:

My sister met a man online and it seems they had almost everything in common....she met him at a restaurant for their first date and it was her ex husband! That date didn't last long....lol. I thought it was hilarious but she never thought it was funny...they had been divorced from each other for almost five years.....

That sounds like that song about "do you like pinacoladas? Walking home in the rain"  "I'm not into yoga"...as you can tell, I can't remember the name of the song LOL.  Anyway, a couple was getting a little bored with each other and put ads in the local paper looking for love without telling the other.  When they met the person that responded to their ad, it ended up being their spouse.  They really were meant for each other after all and rekindled their love......hey.....it's a song, but this sounded like your sister and her ex. Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I did in 2004 - we married in 2007 and just celebrated 11 years together.

Respected Contributor

It doesn't surprise me that could happen just like that song " Do You Like Pina Colotta's" And getting caught in the rain. What a shame that they couldn't make it work.

Occasional Contributor

I did too.....met my sweetie husband on Match and we've been married 15 yrs.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes...14 years next month YAHOO

Honored Contributor

My sister met the best guy in the world for her after a failed marriage.  They were SO very perfect!  He was the only guy that ever gave her happiness!