Honored Contributor

Anyone know what happened to the forum about the neighbors that got uninvited?

I can't find it and am wondering if it was poofed?

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone know what happened to the forum about the neighbors that got uninvited?

The OP wisely asked for it to be deleted

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone know what happened to the forum about the neighbors that got uninvited?

Thank you,Cherry.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @cherry for the explanation. I hope the poster was able to take some comfort from what had been said to her.

Honored Contributor

Bless her heart!

Honored Contributor

I never read the original post but something happened to me like this.

when we 1st moved to the town we live (been here 30 yrs now), we got involved with the local play house. We were in quite a few plays (I think it was 7 or 8 full production plays).  

I am not sure how it happened but we got sent something in the mail about an open house at the play house (can't remember why the open house or what it was for). It said all members were invited. OK, I thought we were members with all the productions we were in. We showed up at the open house , we walked in, and began to mingle with all the people that were there.  When my husband grabbed my elbow and carefully walked me out of the event. Only to find out, we were not invited to this event. I guess the hostess told my husband quietly to leave.

When we saw the hostess later in the week, she said how we got the invite was unknown to her and we should have known we were not invited. She said she only ordered enough food for the people in attendance and if we had eaten anything, she was sure we would take food out of other peoples mouth.

It was right after this we kind of faded from this play houses events. The schedules they had no longer fit my husbands work schedule, so we just faded into the background.

The lead question just brought up this event for me. 

Honored Contributor

I would never dream of hosting any event ,and cutting that  closely on food.

Respected Contributor

I never saw it. Why did someone feel it should be deleted? Now, I am curious about what I missed.

Respected Contributor

@viva923

How rude that hostess was! Why did she think you were not invited, given that you were part of the group?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Viva923, what a story. . .I'm appalled!