Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone know of sites like 'The Find' (shopping site that got bought out)?

@butterfly123, thanks!  I still miss The Find.  I know retailers didn't, because it would show the often shocking price differences for the exact same item.  I remember once I was looking up a room divider screen, and the exact same item ranged in price from $75 to $800!!  I learned a huge lesson about retail mark-ups & how greedy some businesses will get, & also learned which businesses to steer away from, because they often had the highest prices on all their items.  So, obviously a website as efficient as The Find used to be, would not be popular with them.  I'm sure that is why they acquired it & shut it down.  Such a shame for the rest of us.  They also listed S&H charges, so you knew @ one glance what the total price would be, rather than being fooled (by some of the other similar sites) into thinking you found a deal, only to find out it has a ridiculously high S&H 'gotcha!' at the end of the transaction.  

R.I.P. The Find.  My wallet misses you!

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo