Valued Contributor

Anyone know of sites like 'The Find' (shopping site that got bought out)?

Not to be confused with the name of S/K's show, 'The Find' was a website where you could look up an item you were interested in purchasing, and it would show it to you on many sites around the net, and the prices.  It saved me tons of $$ to use that site combined with RetailMeNot.  It was unique in the way it performed searches & offered up info, unlike many of the other shopping comparison sites.  Does anyone remember it, & know of any like-minded sites like that one?  Sure do miss it.

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone know of sites like 'The Find' (shopping site that got bought out)?

I have come across shopstyle.com.  I don't know if this what you might be looking for, but you can set alerts for when the price drops on items also. HTH

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serenity-Now, There are many ways to compare prices online -- many of these are apps.  You can do a search for "comparison shopping sites" to see the various articles, reviews, etc.

Here's one article with info and ratings, from 2014:

"The 10 Best Shopping Apps to Compare Prices"

link goes to:  http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow/story/290959/the-10-best-shopping-apps-to-compare-prices

I like "camelcamelcamel" to watch price changes for  Amazon.com items:

link:  http://camelcamelcamel.com/

Also, with a subscripton to the online version of Consumer Reports, I've found it really helpful to look at the Ratings and the use their "Price & Shop" comparison shopping feature -- very accurate and I've saved money and learned about new websites that way, too.

hth!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I have not used The Find in a long while.  Are you saying that it is no longer a site for us to use?  I found it very helpful.

Honored Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

I have not used The Find in a long while.  Are you saying that it is no longer a site for us to use?  I found it very helpful.

@Big Sister, I did a search and discovered that "TheFInd" comparison search engine was purchased by Facebook last spring and was shut down.  Now, it appears it's available as a Facebook app.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

@dooBdoo, thank you for taking the time to share those links with me!  I am definitely checking them out.  

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Valued Contributor

@Big Sister, that is what I discovered a while back, after trying to go to their old website.  It directed me to their FB page, but people were posting how unhappy they were with these changes.  It is almost as if it was bought just to shut it down, unfortunately. 

SerenityNow!
Valued Contributor

@butterfly123, thank you, I will try that site out.  I haven't found one that worked quite the way TheFind used to, which seemed easier & less 'busy' or confusing.  It had a simpler approach that cut to the chase, no tricks (such as advertisements that were misleading, etc.)  It was quick & easy, which I miss.  Thanks again!

SerenityNow!
Honored Contributor

@SerenityNowMyndi wrote:

@dooBdoo, thank you for taking the time to share those links with me!  I am definitely checking them out.  

You're welcome, @Serenity-Now!  I hope you find something you like.

Honored Contributor

SerenityNowMyndi, You are welcome and thanks for suggesting Retail Me Not on a question I posted.  I also am looking for comparison online shopping sites.  I will continue to look and let you know if I find any. Take care