Honored Contributor

Man, there are so, so, so many creative things on TikTok.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Do you have the app?

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone heard of tictoc

[ Edited ]

TikTok has quickly become one of the most popular social media apps worldwide, especially among Gen Z users. The app, owned by a Chinese company , features user generated videos set to a variety of songs accessible through the app. Unlike other popular social media apps like Facebook owned Instagram, TikTok’s feed of videos is not based on users following specific accounts, but rather relies more heavily on its algorithm to learn user interests.

~cnbc

The fast-growing, Chinese-owned video sharing network TikTok agreed to pay a US $5.7 million fine to US authorities to settle charges that it illegally collected personal information from children, officials said.

“The operators of TikTok,knew many children were using the app but they still failed to seek parental consent before collecting names, email addresses and other personal information from users under the age of 13,” said FTC chairman Joe Simons.

~ Lots of info. about TikTok online

Esteemed Contributor

My niece was telling me she would never let her minor children go on tictoc. She says there are very inappropriate  videos on it. Just what she says. I have no idea. Doesn't sound like something I would be interested in myself.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone heard of tictoc

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Do you have the app?

Nope....but a lot of people I follow on Twitter forward posts. 
They're just short videos...kinda/sorta like Vine