Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn : you are correct, sir. In fact, we are not even on GPS.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

Do you use a Satellite company right now, or are only using just the free OTA broadcasts?

When we moved into our present home, in 2000, we had neither cable or DSL. Our only availability for the 1st year was Dialup. I used a Satellite company to get faster download speed, which was I believe 2mbps. There was no such thing as "streaming" back in those years.

Took 5 years to get DSL and it was only 1.5mbps speed. Our house is wired with Copper Wire(which I made for over 30 years), will be a century before these homes have Fiber Optics.

Over the years we now have 40mbps DSL, which might be as fast as Copper Wires can handle. These are a small gauge(24) wire, which is much less conducive than say 16-18 gauge.

hckynut   🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn : We only have very slow DSL available. satellite and cell phone are more $$ then we can justify. Fiber optics are said to be coming in the near future. 

Hubbs bulilt this house in 1980. I moved in in1994. We put in an addtion in 2000.

We do have Direct TV and an Antenna.

The GPS thing: our Grandson who is Tecno Savy, tried to use it the other day and got lost.  We live in the midst of many,many acres of trees.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man