Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else play an intsrument?

Only instruments I have here now are guitar and tenor and alto recorders.

I took piano lessons for 8 years, played saxophone in high school orchestra and took guitar lessons in college.

My mother bought an accordian at a garage sale and back in the 1990s, I taught myself to play German "drinking songs" - great fun at family gatherings.  All the men would sing along!

Esteemed Contributor

I played the clarinet for two years in Jr. High school. I have a piano in my house, that we bought for my daughter a long time ago, but no one plays it. 

Frequent Contributor

Piano and guitar but its been quite awhile.

Honored Contributor

My chosen instrument in Grammar school was the accordion.  At first it was exciting but as time went on I realized I wanted to be out with my friends and not in a room practicing or going weekly for lessons.  

I did however, win two trophies, second and third places at separate concerts in front of an auditorium filled with people!!!!  I still have the trophies  but my accordion eventually disintegrated from being in the basement for such a long time!!!!

Respected Contributor

I started playing the flute in elementary school but I was awful.  My mother wanted to learn to play the piano so my father bought her one.  She enjoyed playing until I also started taking lessons and was better than her so she quit. 

My husband plays the drums, bass and guitar.  We have an entire room dedicated to our musical insruments.

Regular Contributor

Played saxophone seven years in grade and high school.  Enjoyed marching band and stage band went on to play sax for a dance band and then got married...

Respected Contributor

My maternal grandmother had been a professional pianist.   My mother also played the piano.  When I was a young girl I decided that I too wanted to learn the piano.  

My parents set me up with lessons from one of the Nuns who taught at my grade school.

I would go to the convent each afternoon when school ended and torture this poor sister with my extreme lack of musical talent.   

Not only was I completely uncoordinated with the keys, I also lost interest in record time.  

This extremely patient Nun finally told my parents that they should probably save their money and stop with my lessons.  I wasn't ever going to play the piano well.   

Since that time I never had any interest in learning to play any sort of instrument.  I did take dance lessons as a child for years and did fairly well at that.   I went to a dance school that was started in our town by Gene Kelly.  I even met him when he came to one of our recitals.   I had childhood dreams of becoming a choregrapher.  Of course, that never happened.  

To this day, I still love to dance.  I just do it around my livingroom now when I'm alone.💃

Trusted Contributor

Self taught keyboards, guitar, harmonica, uke and I sing.  I'm a one-person band and I record on an 8-track which gives me a lot of pleasure.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

Violin and tenor saxophone - neither of them well because I didn't practice.

Honored Contributor

In grade school I took violin and in high school I took clarinet.  What a waste.  I have no musical talent whatsoever, I can barely hold a tune. DD is self taught on piano and guitar, she sure didn't inherit that from me.