Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else get a little down

I am friends with @ECBG outside of QVC.  She is one of the sweetest people I know. 

@Vickyjo I'm sorry about your loss.  My daughter had a baby boy who lived for 7 days.  She had to hold him as he was dying.

The most difficult thing our family ever went through.  My husband died a few years earlier very quickly in my arms at the age of 58.  She and her Dad were extremely close.  She named her son (first and last name) after him.  The older he gets the more he looks like him.

I know people mean well and they don't know what to say (especially when a child dies).  I just don't like hearing things like, "It will take time" (time for what?), they just don't know what to say.  

Me, personally, I'd just rather hear someone say they are sorry, just sorry.  But that's just me.

So, to everyone who's lost a loved one, especially a child, I'm sorry.

Honored Contributor

@Vickyjo wrote:

Sorry for your loss ECBG. We just lost our 28 year old daughter in October, so there was no holidays for us this year. No tree, no decorations and no lights outside our house. We are devastated beyond words. Something with her electrical impulses to her heart made it stop. Our hearts are broken. She was a vegan and a fitness nut. No smoking, drinking and a real homebody.  Everyone says it will take time for us to feel better again. I hope so. No rhyme or reason for this to have happened, but I guess thats how life works.

@VickyjoI'm so sorry.  Many people try to be kind when they tell you "it will get better".  That's all they know to say.  Truthfully, one day I could breathe one more minute.  Then down the line somewhere, I added a minute or a half minute.  My juniors and seniors cried on me and it was all I could do to step up to give them a hug.  

Having a counselor was my greatest help.  Everyone around me was dealing with their own grief.  I had to do that one thing for me.

You have to follow your own path in your own time.  

What ever you feel, it's ok.

If you suddenly cry, it's ok.

I am here.

Honored Contributor

@Vickyjo wrote:

Sorry for your loss ECBG. We just lost our 28 year old daughter in October, so there was no holidays for us this year. No tree, no decorations and no lights outside our house. We are devastated beyond words. Something with her electrical impulses to her heart made it stop. Our hearts are broken. She was a vegan and a fitness nut. No smoking, drinking and a real homebody.  Everyone says it will take time for us to feel better again. I hope so. No rhyme or reason for this to have happened, but I guess thats how life works.

Iam very sorry, i lost my son shane when he was 27, in 1998, the loss of a child is unlike any other loss, it will get better with time,but it is always with you, my heart goes out to you.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

If I could skip December, I would.  I don't enjoy the holidays (another story) and all the hoopla.  I was thrilled when Jan 1st rolled around.

Esteemed Contributor

After Xmas is over there is always a let down. I think one of the reasons is the season of Xmas seems to be getting longer. I mean the days are longer to sell .. sell ...sell. No more Thanksgiving it seems because the stores are open to shop on that day. And then the count down to Xmas. What ever happened to the twelve days of Xmas?Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband’s birthday, his best friend’s birthday, and my birthday all take place during the first two weeks of the year. Just about everyone suffers a letdown after the holidays. We have to say good-bye to our loved ones, start eating sensibly, return to our usual routines, and dig in for winter. I have wonderful friends and family who remember my birthday (1/5) and I admire their kindness so soon after the holidays.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, I will stay tuned! I understand about your back bothering you if you sit still for long. That would be a problem.

Ha, you sound like me, getting bored easy. I'd probably thinking of something else I wanted/needed to be doing. Or just decide to go look out the window and see what birds are out there......

We have had a week of gray cloudy weather here in Arkansas. The last few days have been sunny and it makes such a difference.

I'm hoping the sunshine makes it to you soon!

I'm just glad you get out and about. I think part of my issue is, I try to hibernate when the weather is dreary and thats not good.

Respected Contributor

It's always a little bit of a downer after the holidays but this is our first year in southeastern North Carolina and after spending my first 24 growing up in western PA, then spending 40 years in Norther Virginia, we're excited to experience our first winter in a little bit warmer climate.  January & February always got me down before so I hope that doesn't happen this year!  We're going to the beach this afternoon and take a walk and I'm not on vacation, I live here!!!!

Honored Contributor

I was the other day.  Thinking of my mother, and how long she's been gone now, I was really feeling the hole she's left in me.  She was such a good person and so many felt like she was their best friend.  She was such a good person.

Honored Contributor

No-- we see the fam all the time-------I am ALWAYS so glad when the holidays are over-----so much stress and hype and its just not fun anymore for me. The weather here in WA state is so grey and dismal and wet ---that is what gets me down and this year, just before Xmas, we had a mammoth tree fall on the house house and I was in the room it fell on---was injured by the falling debris but not the tree it self--major damage to the area it hit--the 2nd story so now we are in insurance he#ll trying to recover. Yikes!!!!