Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else get a little down

@KKJ wrote:

when all the family leaves after the holidays?  I remember being all stressed out before and while they were here--what to cook, etc.--but now it's just so quiet.  (sigh)

I do. But then I get down whenever my my sons, daughter in law and granddaughters come overnight and then leave. When any one of them is home I love it! The house feels alive again like it did when they lived here! When they leave I always feel depressed just like I did when they left home to go to college. I just told dh after New Years that I hate all this readjusting. My only consolation is, I can nap when I feel like it!...lol (sigh)Smiley Indifferent

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

I always find it a bit depressing when I take down all the decorations.   Mine stay up until January 6th.   I know some like all that stuff put away and a clean house, etc.,  but it just looks all bare and dull to me. I've never cared much for new years either. Kind of depressing too!

@MarthaStewardess  Yes, it is depressing.  I leave mine up all winter.  Most of it is winter themed anyway, except the nativity scene.  Even that, I see no reason to put it away so quickly.

I like the glow of the colored lights.......helps w/the drab, dreary days of winter.  Have a good winter Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I am still waiting for my house guests to leave.  I have one more week. Pray for me.  

Honored Contributor

Around February, I get really ready for Spring.  I think that is my hardest month.  I like the change of seasons and now that I don't have to drive in snow, it's much easier to enjoy!

Since my heart surgery just a little over a year ago, I realize I am very fortunate to be here to see anything!

At least, for now not too much is getting me down.  I'm trying to keep this attitude with Feb. soon approaching!

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I do naturally.  I would think I'm somewhat light sensitive because it's always been this way.

On the 31st, we also lost our youngest son who was intuitive like I am.

I can feel my spirits go low at the end of the month.  It was just before he turned 20.

@ECBG

So sorry to hear about your loss.  We lost our 15-year-old son in February.  That's my low month of the year.

@fortuneWe can just hold hands.  I was fortunate to have my juniors and seniors that rallied around me.

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

I always find it a bit depressing when I take down all the decorations.   Mine stay up until January 6th.   I know some like all that stuff put away and a clean house, etc.,  but it just looks all bare and dull to me. I've never cared much for new years either. Kind of depressing too!

@MarthaStewardess  Yes, it is depressing.  I leave mine up all winter.  Most of it is winter themed anyway, except the nativity scene.  Even that, I see no reason to put it away so quickly.

I like the glow of the colored lights.......helps w/the drab, dreary days of winter.  Have a good winter Smiley Happy

I love the glow of the colored lights too.  They are just so pretty in a room with just the tree lights on.  There's something more cheerful about them for me than the clear lights.  You have a good winter too! While I don't like taking down all the decorations,  I actually do like the winter season.  I do like the cold weather!

Honored Contributor

For me it's a combination of things... everything looks stale and taking decorations down isn't fun, my kids have left and are back at work, the sky is mostly gray, I've probably put on a few holiday pounds (I haven't gotten the scale out) and it's only the beginning of winter...so yes I feel blah like I do every year at this time!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get a lot of snow this winter!

Honored Contributor

I've often thought Christmas should come on January 25 to help make the time until spring shorter. Can you imagine how many weeks QVC would have their trees up?

Honored Contributor

I find fall gloomy and depressing, the holidays are ok but I am relieved when they are over, and we just have to get through January and February then March and spring are around the corner.

It is sleeting like crazy here and everything is shut down pretty much.  BUT we do have three big south facing windows, so this side of the house isn't so dark, and In Oklahoma we do usually have some sunny days.  It will be in the 50's in a couple days.

I would be very very depressed if I lived farther north and we had long bad winters.  I don't know what I'd do!  LOL!!!

I look forward to getting the trees down and the house back next week!

Honored Contributor

@AuntG

😂

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~