Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone Here Work In A Bank?

I workded in banking for over 40 years (retired 5 years ago), and all transactions at the majority of banks are digital (microfiche is no longer used that I'm aware of). If you do not use online banking to get a copy of the transaction, then go to your branch and sit down with a personal banker and express your concerns. They should be able to isolate the transaction slip if it was a branch transaction. Make sure you can provide information about the "deposit", e.g., whether it was a check (and from whom) or if it was cash. Good luck to you, and I'm sure you'll get the information you need from them directly.

Super Contributor

I was in banking for 25 years. All transactions are filmed before leaving the bank for processing. If you have the date of the transaction, it's an easy find for someone in bookkeeping/accounting dept. to get a copy.

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

I don't work in a bank but I am sure the bank has on file any deposits or withdrawls that you made. They probably have electronic copies. They can go back through your bank statements and see what happened Do you have acccess throgh your computer to check your statements back through the date you mentioned?  Also if you were sent a bank check they would have that. 

Was just going to post the same thing. My credit union has 3 years of statements online and I believe my bank has one year.  My was not that long ago.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The information you seek can easily be found by the bank's research department. They will provide you with a copy of the withdrawal slip.

When you give a teller a withdrawal slip the assumption would be that you are withdrawing money. You would have received a receipt for the withdrawal transaction because that came directly from your account.

I am presuming because you received a receipt you assumed you made the deposit.

However I do wonder if you can be that sure you did not receive getting money since you already made the mistake concerning the slips. It is all confusing and frustrating for you but you can get answers from your bank.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama, Yes, I worked for a Bank for 17 yrs., but not in operations, Trust Dept., but I know from my online banking you can go back as far as a yr. online!  Do you do online banking, check on that, and if you find it, you can probably print a copy from your own printer.

Respected Contributor

Don't you do on-line banking. Just the part that shows checks and deposits received by you ? If so that would be a place to start . Or just go in and ask to speak to someone in the bank that has a office. They  can help you I'm sure of it.