Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Going to Their High School Class Reunion Soon?

Nope, when I graduated high school that was the last time I ever saw any of those kids!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@twinny70

We are going to DHs 50th in November!

There is a FB group devoted to this and he is enjoying re-connecting!  However, I have not gotten an answer to my question, "what are we supposed to wear!'

(Isn't that just like a man?") LOL

@Bird mama

What an enviable position you were in! 🤗

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Those old friends from high school I care to keep in touch with I already do so. Otherwise - my class had over 900 kids in it and most of them were strangers to me, so I have no desire to go to a reunion. 

Honored Contributor

Next year will be my 40th and I will probably go, as I went to tmy 25th and had a great time./....There were only about 200 that showewd up from my class which was probably 400 or so, but it was still fun to see people and see how they have changed and what they have been doing....My husband went to his 25th and said never again......My older sister went to her 25th and said never again also. I think to each their own, some people enjoy going and some do not......My younger sister just went last year to her 35th and had a blast, it was in a remodeled Barn and she said it was so much fun and very casual, which I think is easier than being all dressy and formal.Have fun to those who are going!

Frequent Contributor

Going to my class reunions has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. Our class was big - over 500 students. I was, by no means popular. I tried out for the Pom Pon squad (now known as the Dance Team) EVERY year from grades 7-12, and NEVER made the squad! Oh, I soooo wanted that, so I just kept trying, even though I was never picked.😩

Having said that, I had a decent group of friends in high school, and enjoyed HS very much. Ironically, none of my HS friends attend the reunions! I have connected with so many classmates that were in different social groups than me, and we all get along great.

You know, life has no cliques, and all of us had many ups and downs since the safety of high school. We bond by those ups and downs, regardless of the social group we identified with in HS.

Go to that HS reunion! You'll be surprised by how many people will say the kindest things to you, how many remember something you did, and how  lucky you are to live long enough to celebrate double-digit class reunions.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Honored Contributor

P.S. I am in Wisconsin too!

Honored Contributor

No ------I don't get any notices about any of the class of 1972 reunions. I went to my tenth reunion and that was enough for me. I don't have any desire to go. No one there I want to see and I haven't seen any of them since the 10th one. High school was not a good time for me.

Respected Contributor

@care04 wrote:

Going to my class reunions has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. Our class was big - over 500 students. I was, by no means popular. I tried out for the Pom Pon squad (now known as the Dance Team) EVERY year from grades 7-12, and NEVER made the squad! Oh, I soooo wanted that, so I just kept trying, even though I was never picked.😩

Having said that, I had a decent group of friends in high school, and enjoyed HS very much. Ironically, none of my HS friends attend the reunions! I have connected with so many classmates that were in different social groups than me, and we all get along great.

You know, life has no cliques, and all of us had many ups and downs since the safety of high school. We bond by those ups and downs, regardless of the social group we identified with in HS.

Go to that HS reunion! You'll be surprised by how many people will say the kindest things to you, how many remember something you did, and how  lucky you are to live long enough to celebrate double-digit class reunions.

Great post!   its so true....life has no cliques.   i attended my 20th reunion and it was the best!  i had a small class of maybe 120 kids and there were defined cliques in my HS.   plus, my senior year, i attended a voke in another town. so i lost touch with some kids.  the first night was a cocktail party, the second night we had a dinner cruise and went to a bar after where we danced and  sang kareoke. the years melted away, life had softened those hard lines.  it was a wonderful time. i was single and most were married, but that was ok too, seeing who people marrried,  some were HS sweethearts.

Honored Contributor

I wasn't invited to mine. Kinda hurt my feelings at the time.

I later learned that the whole thing had been set up on FaceBook, and that some of my old friends had wondered why I wasn't there.

Hope there will be another............

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

No.  I've never been to one high school reunion.  There's a saying that goes - Those who attend high school reunions are those that never left. 

I kept up with those I cared about.  We were a very large graduating class and the times were tumultuous.  Boys and girls were outing themselves, some were overdosing, others just wanted to take their own life, others went on to college/universities, some married, others left for other states and countries, others have since died.  Yet there were others that were never seen or heard from again.  I hear that the reunions are combined years now from the lack of enthusiasm and interest.  Guess it all depends on your interest in things like that.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust