Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Going to Their High School Class Reunion Soon?

I didn't see that many people say they "hated" high school. A few did, but just because we aren't going to reunions (speaking for myself), doesn't mean we all hated it. I didn't.

Honored Contributor

I've never gone to one of my reunions, even though I still live very close to where I went to school.

High school was one of the best time periods of my life and I really enjoyed it, as well as blossomed during those years. 

But for some reason, as much as I am sentimental and like 'looking back' I've never wanted to attend. I see the pictures and hear about who was there, and the people from that period of my life that I would enjoy spending an evening with, never go to the reunions, so I feel on reason to either. I love a good walk down memory lane, but just have never been compelled to go to my reunions.

Honored Contributor

Do not be surprised that half the class has kicked the bucket.

Respected Contributor

I travelled back home and went to my 20th reunion years ago, and it was fun to see how people had changed and to catch up with the lives of some people, but a large group of "kids" who were still living there--many had gone to college together and moved back to our city afterwards--were strange. They seemed a bit stuck in time. Chatting with them took me into a small world of where to shop, who was friends with whom and who wasn't, how this woman wouldn't let her child play with the child of that woman, etc. it was like high school never ended for them. Several of us noticed it and said we were glad we had moved on. One reunion was fun, but I haven't felt a desire to go to another one since.

Trusted Contributor

My husband LOVES going to all the reunions.  He loved h.s. and enjoys catching up with people from this era.  I grew up in a completely different part of California,

and attended a private h.s., and never really cared to attend reunions.  I kept up with the people I was interested in , and that was enough for me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only reunion I ever attended was the 100th anniversary of my high school. No, it was not my 100th reunion, lol. It was fun to see people from my class as well as others I knew but once was enough. My daughter just attended her 30th and said she had a great time. My older daughter attended her 30th a couple of years ago and had an interesting experience. A woman came over to chat with her and my daughter couldn't figure out who she was so she tried to sneak a peek at her classmate's ID badge to catch a name and glimpse of her old photo. Turns out, the woman talking to her used to be male and went through a gender reassignment. My daughter tried to remain nonchalant but when she came home that's all she could talk about.

Respected Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry that I didn't get back to this thread after my class reunion. Well, it was pretty pathetic actually. Out of a class of 580+ we had approx. 60 people there. It boiled down to poor communication. Too much emphasis is put onto FaceBook which a lot of people don't use. I seen afew people that I knew, some talked, some didn't. The highlight of the evening is when I guy I went to school with in 7th grade came up to me and said my name right away. I was impressed, since I didin't recognize him. Over all it was an ok time. Now I'll wait until my 50th to see if any thing changes. Oh, I believe there about 30 who have passed away. That's the ones I know of.